Quick DIS question

cdb2

Reaction score
There are 3 mpg figures.

Labelled '1' is the journey you are on.

What is '2'?

More interesting, what is the one that doesn't have a number '1' or '2' as that appears to always read the highest.

I know I should rtfm, but well,,,,, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

1 is for the current journey I think you can turn the ignition off for about 30 minutes before it resets. 2 is the average until you manually reset it.

J.

Thanks mate, so what is the one that doesn't have a number '1' or '2' as that appears to always read the highest. Or is it just me that has this wonderful feature?!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks mate, so what is the one that doesn't have a number '1' or '2' as that appears to always read the highest. Or is it just me that has this wonderful feature?!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the instantaneous figure and varies between 200mpg to low 20's.

I thought it was a bit weird, sometimes reads 76 mpg!

Suppose should really reset the avg ('2') since when picked up the car it only read 16mpg - presumably all that iddling and short journeys. This is probably holding back my 'real' average figure now it is being driven.

Only done about 500 miles and the distance\days until next service seems very sensitive to short journeys. Presumably it settles down? Currents says 14000 miles and 534 days. Presumably this is ok?

Agree with all that's been said so far except that the single journey memory (1) is only reset when the ignition has been turned off for at least 2 hours rather than the 30 minutes mentioned.

The total (2) memory remains for 99 hours and 59 minutes of actual driving time unless reset manually. When this time limit is reached, it does not reset automatically but will stop recording and store the data it has collected for this period.

[ QUOTE ]
Agree with all that's been said so far except that the single journey memory (1) is only reset when the ignition has been turned off for at least 2 hours rather than the 30 minutes mentioned.

The total (2) memory remains for 99 hours and 59 minutes of actual driving time unless reset manually. When this time limit is reached, it does not reset automatically but will stop recording and store the data it has collected for this period.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it some one's been reading the manual.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

Oh ok, I did think it was about 2 hours but I thought mine reset after I had been in the gym and I only train for about 1.5 hours each day!

It's amazing what useful and interesting information you can get by reading the manual !

If all else fails RTFM....

I never use trains myself......

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Low 20's sorry mate that's an average reading, I had it showing 5.0 mpg for a brief period this morning
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Low 20's sorry mate that's an average reading, I had it showing 5.0 mpg for a brief period this morning

[/ QUOTE ]

I was being kind, don't think mine goes down to low 20's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand to be corrected here, but I think that the Audi DIS will only show 5.0 as the lowest reading..... My 2.6 100 Sport showed 5.0 a lot of the time - when accelerating hard in 1st, 2nd gear - I think it's just the smallest figure the DIS will display.

The beemer however I have had at 2.3mpg in 1st.... now that is not a good thing to see!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Only done about 500 miles and the distance\days until next service seems very sensitive to short journeys. Presumably it settles down? Currents says 14000 miles and 534 days. Presumably this is ok?

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you display this information? Is it somewhere in the menu when you press the Reset button on the stalk?

Or do I have to read the manual as well? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you display this information? Is it somewhere in the menu when you press the Reset button on the stalk?

Or do I have to read the manual as well? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Pull the right hand knob on the speedo cluster, under the rev counter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The beemer however I have had at 2.3mpg in 1st.... now that is not a good thing to see!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What in your 318!!!!!!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif