1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Detail on the new Green Goblin S3

Discussion in 'Juicy Detailing' started by Juicy Jen, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Juicy Jen

Juicy Jen <span style="color: orange">Jen – Juicy Detailin Site Sponsor

After travelling back from Harrogate Audi on Wednesday this week the car wasn't too bad but you know me I can't keep my hands off a dirty car!

I'd asked the dealer not to touch it so it had no protection which was my main issue to rectify rather than spending too much time on getting the best from the metallic paint at this point as I don't have the luxury of plenty of time.

Last weekend I took advantage of the 3 for 2 with Polished Bliss on the Auto Finesse range and bought some goodies to try out. I didn’t use all of them but chose a token couple to use

[​IMG]

A Few token before pictures:

Passenger side:
    [​IMG]

Back passenger side

[​IMG]

Started off with spraying the alloys with Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner and pre-wash using Auto Finesse Citrus Power

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rinsed off

[​IMG]

The car was snow foamed using Valet Pro pH Neutral (no picture as we all know what it looks like!) and while left to dwell I went around the car using a Juicy small wheel and detailing brush. Next up was the 2 Bucket wash using a Car Pro Swirl Free Wool Wash Mitt and Auto Finesse Lather Shampoo

[​IMG]

Clayed using Juicy Yellow Fine Poly Clay and Dodo Juice Born Slippy Clay Lube – there wasn’t much that came off tbh. Juicy Tip: if the clay is hard and its a cold day pop it in a cup of warm water to soften it up :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Washed again using the 2 bucket method, rinsed off and dried. I then applied a layer of Chemical Guys Black Light Radient Finish via a Kestral DAS 6 dual action polisher using a blue 5.5” Hex Logic Pad. The residue was buffed off using a EuroW Shag Weave cloth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next was a lovely layer of Chemical Guys Lava (will be available from us by the end of March) using a CG UFO foam applicator, left for 20 minutes and then buffed using another EuroW Shag Weave Buffing Cloth. This was very easy to apply but did need to be really careful not to apply too much – nice thin layers virtually non-existant to the naked eye.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trims and tyres dressed using Valet Pro Dionysus Trim Glitz and windows cleaned.

Reflection and finished shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From the same position just zoomed in and the colour has changed again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Outside shots (unfortunately the sun had gone in by this time so I’ll try and get some more soon):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So there you have it for now....still working on the write up on the Sepang TTRS which is nearly completed so watch this space!!
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  2. Farhan

Farhan Active Member

Wow looks lovely, Nice work Jen!
  3. Paullie

Paullie Banana Menace!

Terrific work as always, Jen! Beautiful!! :wub: xx
  4. MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly Well-Known Member

That colour is amazing, but I bet it's going to take a lot of looking after to stay that shiny and bright. Lucky it's got you looking after it then, and not me!
  5. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Staff Member Moderator

Wow thats stunning! Just love the colour to bits
  6. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

Very nice there!
  7. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

Lovely, gave a protection detail to a 12 plate Mk6 GTI last week, lovely working with fresh paint, can't wait till mine is ready to detail out of the bodyshop :wub:
  8. tdia4

tdia4 TDIPOWARRR

That is gorgeous, love your plate as well :D
  9. markos72

markos72 Active Member

Fantastic,and a nice wee write up too!