1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Brake Pad Question

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by gaz_hughes, May 10, 2007.

1. gaz_hughes

gaz_hughes GumbyGaz

[May 10, 2007]
    Just looking at ordering some new pads for my 1.8TQ, but been asked at ordering if mine are the pads with wear indicators on both pads or just on the one pad.
    Anybody know?
    Tried searching the forum but can't find confirmations. Audi said they're both sides, but the bloke on the phone didn't sound that sure of it.

Cheers

Gaz
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 25, 2014]

3. dan_a3

dan_a3 Member

[May 10, 2007]
    Do you mean 1 indicator per pad or 1 indicator per side? Im not 100% sure but normally on each wheel one pad has the indicator and the other doesnt. Be careful as there are 3 styles of plugs on the indicators.
  4. rodenal

rodenal Active Member

[May 10, 2007]
    Hmmmmmmm from memory its 1 - i wouldnt even bother buyin those pads if i were you just get some without the indicator
  5. gaz_hughes

gaz_hughes GumbyGaz

[May 11, 2007]
    Oh right, not as simple as I first thought then!
    The bloke one the phone seemed to suggest 1 indicator for each side. Nothing about different connectors? Hopefully they'd be the right ones with correct style plugs.... Didn't even know there was variations...

Which pads do people usually go for?
    If I went for pads without indicators, would that annoying (o) symbol still be on my dash?

Cheers!
  6. jonS3

jonS3 Member

[May 11, 2007]
    no, the symbol won't come in as long as you snip the old connector off from the pad leaving ebough of the wires to be able to crimp them together. then waterproof it and connect it to the car harness. this will make your car think your pads are fine as there will be a constant circuit.