1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions to those that have fitted front ARB (S3's only)

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by mattyboy199, Mar 31, 2010.

1. mattyboy199

mattyboy199 Active Member

Recently purchased R32 front & rear ARB's. Fitted the rear last weekend & thinking about doing the front this weekend purely cause i have the time & will save a few quid. i ve done a little research on the net, but have a few questions (even found a guide).

1. Did you replace the sub frame bolts, i understand the bolts are coated with thread lock or similar?

2. Did you use a torque wrench on the above bolts or just man power ?

thanks

Matt
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  2. martin g

martin g [censored]

I dont know myself but i have a question. torque wrenches do not facilitate in removing tough fixings so not sure why your comparing them with manpower?

Torque wrenches are settable to a specific torque setting required by a machine builder to ensure something isnt too loose or too tight.

Maybe you mean when doing them back up? to a torque setting or fitters eye? if so then I apologise
  3. dela

dela Member

i think thats exactly what he meant
  4. mattyboy199

mattyboy199 Active Member

i m not comparing them, i m asking if i should use one when i do the sub frame bolts back up or should i just do them up as tight as possible (man power)

just red the last line of your post exactly that