Questions to ask dealer before I drive TT away

Gill ZB

Reaction score
yes I'm still awake and still bouncing around like Tigger (mentally not physically!) a kind member of the group suggested a list of things to ask dealer before I drive my TT away - can anyone add to it ......how do I open petrol cap, how does alarm/immobiliser work, how often and where is best for service - buying from Evans halshaw and have paid for 2 year warranty and hoping this is worth it?....TT needed a good interior valet but will this be done as standard as part of the 'prep' ? They're also taxing and (hopefully MOT) and charging me for £20 fuel. They gave me £400 trade in for an 06 1.4sxi corsa with a full years MOT and tax 94k on the clock Is all this normal ? Sorry to be so thick but I'm new to buying and not sure how these dealerships work. I went on my own and I hope I did ok lol! Any advice welcome ..

If your going for a mk 3 and If you have Connect get them to hotspot your phone and also get your sim to work in the glove box slot b4 you drive away
I ended up using a PAYG EE sim preloaded with £15 in December and its still got credit now ! Certainly the best option until you know how much you will use the features
But the audi main dealer was very clueless almost embarrassing to hear some of the excuses they gave when trying to get the sim working

If your going for a mk 3 and If you have Connect get them to hotspot your phone and also get your sim to work in the glove box slot b4 you drive away
I ended up using a PAYG EE sim preloaded with £15 in December and its still got credit now ! Certainly the best option until you know how much you will use the features
But the audi main dealer was very clueless almost embarrassing to hear some of the excuses they gave when trying to get the sim working
Lol a Mk 3 ! I wish - just got the brochure for it! No idea about hotspots or connect lol - I got a Mk 2 last week and I'm more than happy but reading the spec for the new TT I'm blown away - the only chance I have of getting one is if i win the lottery which I don't do or marry a millionaire and there aren't many of them on Teesside :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Hahaha!!! I used to teach at Darlington college just up the road from his gym - never bumped into him ! Mind you I had an old fiat punto at the time - I may have been in with a chance driving my TT:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: haha!

Reactions: Bristle Hound