Questions about leather interior!!

bizzab7

Reaction score
Hi i just purchased a new 2 tone leather interior from flea bay for what i think is a bargain at £450.My original seats are cloth with electric back support and memory from my 57 s line saloon.I was wondering if anyone knew the colour code of the 2 colours on the seats as there are a couple of very small marks i would like to touch up as i want them to look as good as new and if so the best place to buy it?
My next question is apart from a new dual climate with the heated seats switch,is there anything else i need to get the heated seats working?any help on these would be appreciated
cheers

If you take the seats to a good trimmers they should be able to near-as-danm-it match the colour of any bits which need repairing. Not sure of the 'name' of the colour, but I imagine it wouldn't do you much good unless you were having them repaired by Audi.

With regards to the heated seats, you need a wiring harness from Kufatec (or eBay if you want to wait for one to appear), you'll need the heat pads fitted in the seats (if they are not already there), and you'll need to code the seats via VCDS. But as far as I know that's all you'd need. I've looked into doing this myself but couldn't justify the cost of everything:

£150 for heater controls (approx based on ebay)
£80 per heat pad (again ebay)
£50 each for the wiring heanresses (as far as I can remember, I could be wrong)
Plus the labour to fit the head pads and wire it all in (£300 I was quoted)

Let us know how you get on and if there are any 'hidden extras'!

Kufatec England

thanks for the reply jj.I think i will take your advice and take it to a trimmers and see what they say.as for the seats i am sure they already have the heat pads in them but not 100% sure.Awell thats not too bad i will just have to look for images of the loom required and will be able to make 1 up myself no problem.just need to try and get a climate console and someone who has vcds.
Will keep you updated and will let u know if i can get round the problems a bit cheaper

I have a pdf of a B7 A4 brochure from around 2007. It includes all the trim options, including the leather upholstery colour codes.

If you PM me your email address, I'll send you the brochure. You should be able to use it to identify the correct trim code for the seats you have just bought.

If its the grey (lighter) leather middle section like in my S line Sp Edn, I got a kit mixed by Liquid Leather/Gliptone and its spot on. They wanted part of the seat sent to match against but failed to understand that there were no easily remveable bits like a headrest for instance in that colour. In the end I sent a trainer (not your first colour choice, but it was a G-Unit one that I got for about £10).

If you ring, expect zero customer service, but persevere and you'll get a good product that matches well. Might need to remind them about the trainer though as I suspect they never updated their database.

Liquid Leather is a fantastic product. I've used it on three different cars, including a B5 2.8 Quattro with blue leather. Not only are the cleaner/conditioner products the best, but the scuffmaster repair kits are just outstanding. I cannot praise them highly enough.

do you mean this one?

volterra.jpg

if so, the brochure says its a Std Volterra leather on the S line Special Ed Sports seats in graphite grey/black.. Audi order code QP

not sure that helps tho....

goose

its the same seats although i think my seats are a little darker on the middle section than yours but possibly not.when you guys have used the liquid leather did yous use it to cover the whole section of the seat or just for touch ups?and how much of it did it require?thanks

its the same seats although i think my seats are a little darker on the middle section than yours but possibly not.when you guys have used the liquid leather did yous use it to cover the whole section of the seat or just for touch ups?and how much of it did it require?thanks
The Scuff master kit is a small bottle of coloured stain with a lightener and a darkener so you can tint according to the wear your colour has had through its life i.e. how much dirt has darkened it. I didn't need to tint mine, and didn't know about the tinting option so my trainer was indeed a good match.

My scratch was where the colour surface had worn off during one journey. You couldn't feel a scratch, and a cocktail stick of dye along the 10mm scratch achieved a great result. I might have used 1/2% of the dye at most. I've kept it to sell with the car as it's bound to happen again. Don't know where you are, but you'd be welcome to try it if you're close enough to M6/M5 corridor.

Last edited:
im in glasgow jeeves but thanks very much for the offer.will try and get a slightly lighter colour and make them look a bit brighter.have heard that liquid leather is good as a dye aswell so will give it a bash.thanks for the replies