Question ?

duncangoncalves

Reaction score
I admit I should probally look in the manual but I've noticed my econ button won't switch off!! just got my new A3 and have noticed they've made a few changes to them my last one was a 02 reg
But will the econ not switch off as it's F*%king cold out there and it's automatic and just saves the air con cos my 02 never did that :s and has anyone noticed it doesn't do the wipe after the couple of wipes after you spray the front window screen with water or again is it just my car with a fault :(

Just press Auto I think to switch of Econ? And no there is not final wipe after spray

Yes Econ is off when you press auto and vice versa.

d3fy
mine does the extra wipe?,

pretty sure it can be vagcom adjusted, to add or subtract

I actually don't like the extra wipe my last two cars have done it and I like to decide when I've done enough wipes, usually end up with a smear

I had mine open all the door on one press as that three click VAG nonsense winds me up,

worth speaking to your dealer, IMO

duncangoncalves said:
nope doesn't work tried that on the way home! going to admit defeat and look through the manual

must be cold up your way, I think if you check your manual I remember something about you not being able to turn the ac on below a certain temperature

one of us has got to wait to post an answer its like that two ronnies sketch where the answer is one question behind...;)

sequence on mine is

in auto, you can't fiddle with fan speed or air distribtution but you can have aircon off (press ECON)

in auto as soon as you press any of the buttons other than econ it goes into manual

hope that makes sense

I have the "secondary" wipe after wash on mine and I can take it or leave it, don't know how the new one will be set up but it's programmable by the dealer or via VAG-COM if you want it changed.

Regards the locking, as mine is a lease car and thus won't be sourced via a local dealer I've made sure the lease company forwarded my preferred locking configuration to Audi so the car comes set up this way. If they don't get it right then at least I have some come-back whereas otherwise I'd have to pay the local dealer to change it.

Just been reading the manual and it does say that IF the econ is still on over 5oC then you may have a fault with the air con well its 1oC up here so it'll wait and see just very noticed this with my 02 maybe it a update change they've made !!

+ the two ronnies sketch is good :)

I can tell you I had some problems with ac, and basically I noticed that because the econ does not goes off. Go to the dealer because almost for sure you have a fault. Basically if the system detects any problem with aircon it turns on econ all the time, because ac cannot be turned on.