1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pimpeda3, Sep 20, 2005.

1. pimpeda3

pimpeda3 Member

Guess who

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

Pimpmyaudi?

Kev.

4. been a long time pimp- u bought ur m3 then?

5. pimpeda3

pimpeda3 Member

nah i wasn't ever going to buy an m3. i just like them thats all. anyway got a mint 2001 318ci tho, in black. wow, u don't understand how nice it is to feel some response and feedback thru the wheel, and the handling is amazing, being rear wheel drive, mega fun to drive i can assure u, if slightly underpowered, but its enough. but im not back to moan bout audis, i still got my a3. i was just bored so thought i'd sign up again just for jokes

6. Just Plain Old

Just Plain Old Active Member

Hi Pimple................. were you banned then??

Anyway, welcome back.......... no-one can talk through their ar$e quite like you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, welcome back.......... no-one can talk through their ar$e quite like you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No one can wind him up like you JPO LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

8. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    So does the bimma need to have electric-toothbrushes in the seats? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Welcome back pimp... converted the A3 off the diet-gearbox yet? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seriously, how've you been?

Regards,

Rob.

9. ello pimp..

The mods seem a bit slow off the mark, surely 'pimpeda3' should be being shown in GOLD by now?

welcome back, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif feel free to liven us all up a bit! Glad you're enjoying the beemer, at the end of the day this place is (or should be) about people enthusiastic about enjoying their cars!

Havent had a beemer for some time, had an 2002tii ages back (remember them?) Mad little car, LOADS of shortcomings, but just good fun..

you mentioned jokes? we're waiting....

[foot tapping in anticipation]

10. pimpeda3

pimpeda3 Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, my account got locked, no idea why, and my status was suspended, again no idea why (honestly)

11. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore
    Team Vegas Yellow quattro Audi A3

Hello,

might of been the big system crash which occured a couple of months ago.

TDI/

12. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

Ah you drive a Bemmer now then pimp...now you can get proper respect from da brederin ya get me yeah blood! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

13. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

I dont mind BMWs, I considered another before my A3. Biggest problem is winter in Scotland - 1" of snow and you aint going anywhere except the scene of the accident. I guess the newer ones will have Traction control but that wont help go up a hill.

as said, maybe the restored server position was when you were already banned. The search is a bit knackered too.

14. pimpeda3

pimpeda3 Member

yea i guess, i mean i haven't had any problems with grip in the wet, but suppose snow is a different thing, will have to see on that one, when it snows, which fortunatly isn't that often down here

15. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

I did see a german plated 3 series over here last week, it was the last shape and it was a 330i x, the x for wheel drive.

These will be released over here with the new 3 series, roll on a 335 d x.

16. pimpeda3

pimpeda3 Member

seeing as most people always defend audi by stating its superior grip from 4x4, what do people think about bmw 4 wheel drive then? would anyone be more interested in them?

17. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

if it was done as a sports car, yeh. i wrote my e30 325i off 10 years ago while changing up WOT 2nd to 3rd on a very mild left. No LSD or traction and i went into a spin.

I dont think the beemer 4x4's (the ones i have seen) are sporty. more like the allroad. jacked up a few inches.

18. pimpeda3

pimpeda3 Member

the traction control on the new ones really help. mines only 318i (still 2L tho) and as i came off a slip road at 80mph, i didn't realise how sharp the bend was, and u know when the cars so finely poised you can't slam on the brakes, i honestly thought the car was gonna flip over or at least slide out right across the road, but not only did it not move an inch, it was in total control, stuck to the road, even tho i almost sh8it myself, thats when i really realised how well they handle. and that was with tyres that needed changing, i still had that much grip and handling. if they make them 4 wheel drive like audis (altho i dont really think they need to), they would be awesome, but then maybe not as fun and sharp to drive.

19. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

You could always buy an X3 or X5, if you want a BMW 4x4.

20. pimpeda3

pimpeda3 Member

no i meant like a normal bmw, like 330ci with 4 wheel drive, like the audis, i don't mean 4x4 as in off roader type

21. i saw a 3 series the other day - and had to say the driver deserved a pat on the back-no stupid mods just a set of 19 inch m5 alloys and they set the car off nicely.

beemers are lovely cars but far too common and thats my reason fro not having one.

but nice to see u back pimp -

22. Advert Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  23. true, very common...... but I don't see many Ci's, which imo look the dogs! and are nowhere near as common as the saloons.

24. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

How about a set of these 3 dimensional 19" x 8 from the new Z4 coupe.

[​IMG]

25. pimpeda3

pimpeda3 Member

yea Ci 's are definatly more rarer

26. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    How about a set of these 3 dimensional 19" x 8 from the new Z4 coupe.

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

They look like a pain in the *rse to clean.

Kev.

27. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Black Edition Audi S4 s tronic

[ QUOTE ]
    They look like a pain in the *rse to clean.

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. They look like the designer's just being too clever for his own good.

28. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

No different to clean from most multi-spoke or BBS alloys i would have thought.

Just time and patience. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

29. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

I imagine there are probably better angles to take a photo from; and I guess they probably look pretty cool if you're looking square to the face...

I'm not a fan of over-complicated wheels though; IMHO they can make people spend more time looking at the wheels than the car as a whole - I saw some terrible chrome efforts on an Ibiza the other day; and you just couldn't see the rest of the car because of them....

Regards,

Rob.