1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question re Miltek Exhaust surface finish

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by NCRAW, Aug 6, 2011.

1. NCRAW

NCRAW Member

[Aug 6, 2011]
    Hi guys,

Received the first half of my exhaust which is the turbo back pipe and the straight pipe (ordered non res). Im used to Japanese exhausts from Fujitsubo and the likes and the finish on those is first class (welds and polish). The Miltek looks very, how should I describe it, Industrial with the vice grip markings still on the pipe, scratches (deep ones) and even the pipe coding laser marks still on it!! its got the Miltek and made in the UK plaque welded to it so I'm sure its original but I'm wondering if that's normal? I know it will be under the car and wont see it but im thinking of either polishing it or painting it with high temp paint. I'm yet to receive the muffler section and I'm hoping those will be wrapped properly for transport so the polished muffler and tips are protected.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 2, 2014]

3. jungleman

jungleman Well-Known Member

[Aug 6, 2011]
    thats perfectly normal mate, the dp & center section are unfinished whereas the silencer and tips are a high polish finish
  4. mkimjoon

mkimjoon Member

[Aug 6, 2011]
    I love my friends miltek over my rsc
  5. NCRAW

NCRAW Member

[Aug 7, 2011]
    Thanks for that. Good to know. I'm going to give it a matt aluminum ceramic coating prior to install.
  6. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

[Aug 7, 2011]
    Milltek welders.... cant :)
  7. NCRAW

NCRAW Member

[Aug 9, 2011]
    Received the rest of the exhaust and pretty impressed with the quality of the muffler and tips. I think I will just coat the dump pipe. One more question, I asked for a non resonated version but the one I received has the centre resonator (so one resonator and the back muffler). does the resonated version have two resonators or did I end up receiving a resonated version?

Doing some more research, and if this is in fact a resonated version, then maybe it is a good thing as it seems the non resonated is faily loud as a full TBE and with air intake.
  8. jungleman

jungleman Well-Known Member

[Aug 9, 2011]
    by the sounds of it youve got the resonated version