1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on lights and dash clocks

tazzy baby Sep 28, 2012

1. tazzy baby

tazzy baby Welsh & Proud

Hi guys and gals im looking to see if any one knows if it is possible to take the dash clocks apart so i can remove the chrome rings and is it possible to remove the lense from the head light so i can take away the chrome surround. If it is has anyone got pics on this so i could take a look at. Cheers gareth

2. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

yes and yes
    i dont have any pictures tho
    but theres a few guides
    google is your friend.

3. tazzy baby

tazzy baby Welsh & Proud

Cheers butty:icon_thumright:

4. Pabs

Pabs Active Member

For the headlights search for 'joey mod' probably best buying a second set of headlights first just incase something goes wrong

5. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

In the DIY guides sticky is a link to A4Mods.com, in there is a step by step guide to splitting the lights and respraying the silver reflector black.

6. benjie

benjie Well-Known Member

Like this (belt is to hold headlight in tight while adhesive set.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any you can take your cluster apart quite easily, I have done this...

[​IMG]

7. Is it possible to change the colour of the LED's in the instument cluster? as in that picture they look almost blue?

8. benjie

benjie Well-Known Member

9. mattyboyc

mattyboyc B6 Veteran Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group TDi

What did you use to re-seal the lights, i just fitted some S4 headlights bit it looks like i may have to slit and re-seal one of them.

10. benjie

benjie Well-Known Member

Can't quite remember as it was a few years ago now, but I expect I used some black silicone sealant, like the stuff you squirt of of a tube when you're grouting... but black in colour, not white! Left it tied up like that for about 4hours in my warm kitchen.