1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question from a new guy

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by jetspeed, Apr 12, 2004.

1. jetspeed

jetspeed New Member

Hey all, I'm new to the forum and had a question. I have a 97 A4 1.8T Quattro and want the 99 tail lights, will these fit my car? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I don't know much about these cars yet.......thanks for the help.
  2. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

No problem. They will fit easily. Don't forget to seal round the aperture when you put the new ones in, though. If you don't you could end up with a lot of water in the boot (sorry, trunk).
  3. jetspeed

jetspeed New Member

thanks for the info jdp1962, could you please explain more on the sealing of the "aperture"? And I have another question, I used to have an Eclipse turbo and loved the sound with an intake and blow-off, what are some good intake systems and blow-off valves for my car? I don't want to spend a rediculous amount either.....thanks again.
  4. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    JetSpeed said:
    thanks for the info jdp1962, could you please explain more on the sealing of the "aperture"?

The light assembly fits into a hole, cut into the bodyshell, yes? That's the aperture. Run a thick bead of sealant around the rim of the aperture, move the assembly into place, & tighten the fixing bolts. That ensures a good watertight fit & no leaks