1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question before buying one.

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by matttrs, May 11, 2010.

1. matttrs

matttrs Member

lots of the audis I see on auto trader have black unpainted valances and sides, is the black just a sticker on the sides? as it seems to cover the doors too. I've got some B7 skirts to go on, which will cover the lower part, just wondered about the bit above that.
  2. iyrix

iyrix Member

Without selling picture im not 100% sure, but i think you are talking about the door blades? these are normally colour coded i think..

What models are you looking at?
  3. swarcup

swarcup Active Member

They were painted if the original buyer wanted a colour coded car i think other than that you will have to paint yourself
  4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Both SE models and Sports came with unpainted bumper and door lowers until late 2003 or so.
  5. matttrs

matttrs Member

thats what I mean the se 1.9tdi avant has black sills and lower doors, what is it exactly, would it just need painting, or is it a part I can remove?
    like this for instance, its the part where the door blades would go.
    [​IMG]
    thanks
    Matt
  6. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

Yes so basically you have the B7 skirts so that'll cover the lower black skirts currently on then the door trims where the blades go you can either colourcode them or by Blades and they will replace them = No more Black :icon_thumright:
  7. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

....oh and they are plastic so yes painting required (thats if you were keeping them on)
  8. matttrs

matttrs Member

understood, thats greta thanks, just couldn't work out whether they detached or not, cheers
    Matt,
    should be picking mine up next week, i cant wait!!!
  9. Garfie

Garfie Member

Yeah the lower door trims are really easy to remove. I have just had mine colour coded when I had the Votex kit fitted.

Open the door up and they are held on the inside of the door with a phillips screw at each end. Take these out then the trim just slides off the door.