1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about volume control for concert (weblink)

ajmackie Mar 13, 2005

1. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

Hi

I've bought a concert radio for my car as the sony one i put in was craap!
    I bought it for £40+vat from cartransplants and it has a 28 day warranty. There is a tiny bit of a volume issue, but not that bad.
    Can anyone remember the weblink to someones webpage where they did a big writeup about fixing the volume by reprogramming the microprocessor as it has a fault calling the memory up for the volume.

If anyone can remember this link would be really happy!!!
    Want to see whether I have the neccessary stuff, I have a PIC programmer and it might also interface the chip that needs programming? Otherwise can be armed with a bit of info if I decided to get them to fix it under warranty.

Cheers for any help! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

2. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Moderator

Bloody hell, all that just to store the volume setting. What was wrong with a good old analogue control.
    It remembered where it was when you switched off because it was still there when you switch on!
    Not because a computer was analising & storing every knob adjustment (ooh er missus) on the off chance the user might turn the unit off. That's progress.
    Is this why the Bass & treble have limited effect on the Bose coded HU's, because they've fiddled about with the limits/thresholds of the tone controls?
    I guess so.

4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Moderator

That's a brilliant link AJ, I hadn't seen that before. Certainly explains properly why these units are going t*its up. Didn't realise it wasn't hardware related and was just a memory issue.