question about psi

E4 FENN

mr fenn
Reaction score
hello all =) had a new turbo k03s under boost there is some lag,boost gauge reads -19 on tick over and on boost over 20psi as it only goes to 20 on the dial??? it was around 17psi the old k03s turbo...confused ...maybe i shud get a dyno and tuning re-done?

maybe the old turbo had a weak actuator n you was losing a bit of boost. and when they mapped it they mapped it to what they thought was 17 psi. but with a new actuator it is actually 20 psi. probably needs tweaking mate

K03S is a more efficient turbo at the end of the day.

A map to suit the addition of the K03S would help.

he mentioned his new k03s was replacing his old k03s though wellington

he mentioned his new k03s was replacing his old k03s though wellington

Hmmm, I always found reading things properly helps....

lol

To be fair, if it's mapped for a K03S engine anyway, I wouldn't worry too much. The map will be expecting those boost levels if that's what it's producing.

I'd bet money that the old turbo wasn't making the boost the map was requesting.

Hmmm, I always found reading things properly helps....

lol

To be fair, if it's mapped for a K03S engine anyway, I wouldn't worry too much. The map will be expecting those boost levels if that's what it's producing.

I'd bet money that the old turbo wasn't making the boost the map was requesting.

:p and yeh that makes more sense. the vacuum is bang on aswell at -19 i believe

hopefully all good then,=)i will dyno it at weekend probs....it was in the 220s-230bhp...its been mapped and everything..hopefully a tune up will sort it...cheers fellas!

:p and yeh that makes more sense. the vacuum is bang on aswell at -19 i believe

Is -19 on tickover really correct.....????

My remapped S3 has a turbo timer which typically shows -0.67 bar on tickover (10psi ish) and maxes out at just over 1.6 bar (24psi ish) bar on full boost????

Confused!

-20 HG???? Isn't 1 HG 0.5 PSI (ish) in which case -20 HG = -10 PSI which is about what I am getting at - 0.67 Bar.

Gotta love all these different means of measuring pressure!!! :)

in.hg (inches of mercury)
measures negative pressure, psi or bar measures positive pressure....
there is also mm hg (mm of mercury ) for negative pressure to confuse further...:faint: :think:

Last edited: