1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question About Boost and Twin Turbos

pipewerkz Nov 10, 2004

1. pipewerkz

pipewerkz Member

Im not sure exactly how much boost a stock '00 S4 puts out but thats not really the issue. I don't have a boost gauge but will be getting one next week. If only one turbo was working would I know it? Would it be putting out half of the boost? Say a stock S4 puts out about 10 lbs of boost.. if only one turbo was working would there be 5 lbs of boost or would the car run like **** because it needs to two turbos to function properly?

Boost Gauge question also: I love the way boost gauges look on the A-Pillar, what do you guys do if you have the air bag there? Do you still put a gauge there or is it a must to find a different place for it?

2. K212

K212 Member

I dont have an S4 but My A4 has pillar airbags, so I did not choose to make my turbo gauge a possible projectile. Most owners put the boost gauge either in the vents or behind the steering wheel. What kind of gauge or pods are you looking at?

I believe snoop made his own, and I just had mine installed, which ran me 200 usd.