1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quattro

hilly Jan 5, 2010

1. hilly

hilly Active Member

just wanted to say how impressed i am with quattro system in the snow.its the first time i have owned a four wheel drive and it did the job in the snow today very well!i saw a few cars left at the side of road but i managed to keep going!:applaus:

2. Fireyjack

Fireyjack Member

Hilly

I'll second that. Mine was superb. Next door neighbour has a landrover discovery and they were making a meal of the hill onto the estate.

BMW's abondonded everywhere. He He!

Sorry have to laugh as in Jun-08 I changed by VW Golf 2.8 v6 4Motion for a BMW 130 M-sport. After the snow in Feb-09 I got rid quick sharpish & replaced with Audi A4 2.0T Quattro. Now I'm smug!

Tim.

3. hilly

hilly Active Member

yeah i was looking at the bmw 130i soooo glad i went for 2.0TFSIQ!brother has a 330d and he got stuck rear wheel drive is a nightmare in this weather but good fun in the dry!:blackrs4:

4. dan_the_v8man

dan_the_v8man Member

well the first round of the snow the quattro was excellent, in between my clutch has died and im now stuck in a completely useless FWD A4 Cab

5. hilly

hilly Active Member

sorry to hear that mate!hope you get it sorted.how did you get it back?

6. dan_the_v8man

dan_the_v8man Member

Audi Assist towed me to my missus, and then they picked the car up on a flat back

7. hilly

hilly Active Member

bet that was messy getting towed in the snow!

8. dan_the_v8man

dan_the_v8man Member

It was in few days the weather cleared up fortunatly