Quattro version ?

mfspen

Reaction score
Anyone know when the Quattro version of the new A3 will be available, and what engines it will feature ?

The S3 8V 2.0T (with Quattro) is likely to be available to order in 2-3 months with deliveries in the tail end of next year.

I'd imagine (going on previous history) that there will be a 2.0TFSi and a 2.0TDI Quattro.

In the 8P range the 2.0TFSi in the brochure shows it as only being available as a DSG (hence over £3k more expensive than the FWD version). The 2.0TDi 170 Quattro came in manual or DSG formats at a £1500 premium for manual.

There don't appear to be any Quattro variants in the A1 range which has smaller engines, so the likelihood is that the smaller engines may not have this feature for some time in the A3 8V.

I think they made the 2.0T Quattro DSG only after 2008 to bring down the emissions of the car. Mine is a manual and is 212g/km which is the same as an RS3!! Putting the DSG box on it brought it down to 176g/km and so the tax was cheaper...

As Warren says, they will release the Quattro's in the very near future. Maybe when the Sportback get launched...