1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quattro tdi mpg

mikeya4 May 3, 2009

1. mikeya4

mikeya4 Member

hi all, just a question to anyone with a 2.5 tdi quattro.
    my normal day to day work run is about 5 mins so temperature gauge doesn't even get the chance to move, but I've done a couple of medium runs on bypass and a roads, I got 400 miles from £55 @99.9p per litre, i think that works out at around 34mpg. do you reckon this is about right ans I know when the engine is cold it drinks more and i only get to drive it when its warmed up about once a week, all opinions welcome

cheers

2. RS_Rawli

RS_Rawli Member

ive got a 2wd avant and an occasional heavy foot, i get minimum 400 round town, similar circumstances regards commuting to work. On a run however i can see 600+ if i drive it nice :)

3. dieselfitter251

dieselfitter251 Blow ma own trumpet?

I think that's about right mate. I've got a 1.9tdi q and I get a usual 48mpg though with carefull driving I can nurse it up to 50-52 mpg... If you're in doubt; Clean / replace air filter, clean MAF use injection cleaner , (never really sure if that works though) and check yer tyre pressure! Though I think you're about spot with you mpg.

4. mikeya4

mikeya4 Member

cool, i thought it was about right, bring down in cornwall is never good for fuel econ with all these b roads etc, the cars all good doesn't seem to have any probs (apart from that nice cheap abs sensor :crying:) just wanted other peoples opinions, thats pretty damn good for yours though? I barely got 45 out of my 1.9 2wd, i did beat it though

5. dieselfitter251

dieselfitter251 Blow ma own trumpet?

Just noticed in my post. Injection cleaner should be electrical cleaner, the kind that evaporates in seconds....
    I try to be as economical as possible, changing gears at the right time, never really driving above 70, lower gears at low speeds etc, I think it really makes a difference. Wierd thing is though, in milder weather my mpg goes up... 45mpg is my usual winter return .