Quattro or not?

S32B

Reaction score
Hi guys, taking a quattro TT for a spin tomorrow whilst they are doing the fisrt service on the S3, would you recommended paying the extra for the quattro version or would you stick to the 2wd? (Would be going for the S-line, petrol version).

I've asked for the S-tronic to try, I have a manual now but on a PCP deal the S-tronic (non quattro) comes out cheaper on the monthly figure!!!

Thanks

My first Quattro was an A4 avant (B6) great drive. I then got a B8 but no Quattro. Regretted as not the same in dry (and lose confidence in wet). Swapped it now for TT TDi Quattro and like a 'pig in sh*t' once more ...

Reactions: Gill ZB and SW14NY'S
The two wheel drive struggles for grip to get off the line particularly on wet roads.
The STronic box is great.
The S line is a nice spec
Go for it all, if you can afford it?

Reactions: 45bvtc
Sorry forgot all about this post!

When I got there they only had a 2wd manual :( Booted it a few times during the test drive and the front skipped around a bit...obviously doesn't do that in my S3 being quattro and as you say it is noticeable.

So I will be going for the TT S-line, quattro, s-tronic for March 17, as they are taking the 'P' with what they are offering me for a 1 year old S3!!!

My first Quattro was an A4 avant (B6) great drive. I then got a B8 but no Quattro. Regretted as not the same in dry (and lose confidence in wet). Swapped it now for TT TDi Quattro and like a 'pig in sh*t' once more ...
I got my first Audi ever on Thursday and it's a TT TDi Quattro -I have no other models to compare it with but I doubt anything could be as amazing - it blows every car I've ever owned or driven off the planet lol ! I don't care what it cost - worth every penny and living on beans on toast for the rest of my life haha!

Reactions: Gazwould and Sandra
How much did you buy for and what's their offer ?
From memory list was £32k (I got 10.5% off that) and they offered £23k! Kick in the nuts was they had an identical car age/spec/miles on their forecourt for £28k...which I did point out! So they wanted to make £5k on mine, and yes it's in mint condition so no excuses to knock the price down.

Read a few more reviews on the TT, a few say the price for the s-line over the sport isn't worth it...comments?