QUATTRO OR NOT??

AVerma

Reaction score
WHATS BETTER?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Personally I like her and think the world would be a duller place without Ballroom blitz and those other great raunchy bike tunes.

What do you think Ajay?

[ QUOTE ]
AjayA3 said:
ITS BETTER??

[/ QUOTE ]

4wd or 2wd... the more the better!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Golf Bygone said:
Personally I like her and think the world would be a duller place without Ballroom blitz and those other great raunchy bike tunes.

What do you think Ajay?

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't think these youngsters got your joke Bruno /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I found it amusing though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif TO BE OR NOT BE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif
Come on Ajay

He didn't get it cos Ballroom Blitz was "The Sweet" not Suzi Quatrro. Try "Can the Can" or "48 Crash".
You youngsters....

Oi! old farts leave us youngsters alone!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Ajay, Quattro is a far far better than 2WD. Just imagine having grip in almost every type of road condition, in the wet the Quattro will launch like it's a dry day, where as the 2WD would just sit there spinning it's wheels going nowhere.....this is just an example, as there are so many other area that a Quattro is better than the 2WD.

would u mind giving me some more examples on how it is better?

It's really all in terms of traction, whether it be acceleration or cornering a 4 wheel drive system will win every time, just look at Scoobies.

There are lots of small things which give overall better traction in so many situations. The other thing to consider is the better weight distribution of the car, having a Haldex lump at the rear of the car should make it a more balanced car than the 2WD car, increasing the point at which understeer is felt.

I think Al B, or one of the others who went from the A3 to an S3 is far better experience wise to answer this one though.

[ QUOTE ]
AjayA3 said:
would u mind giving me some more examples on how it is better?

[/ QUOTE ]

As Gambba says in a word : Traction.

Boot it off from the lights in the wet, or out a junction. It just goes, no fuss, especially with ESP off.

When cornering it makes big difference under power, but no difference in off throttle cornering. Put simply, you can power out of the bend better with 4WD.

The disadvantage are the extra weight, increased fuel consumption and rear tyre wear. Can't have everthing, damn! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Definitely worth it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif