1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quattro abs module repair

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by jay_tqs, Mar 24, 2013.

1. jay_tqs

jay_tqs New Member

Looking to repair the module tomorrow on my tqs, by hopefully soldering the two silver wires back on the contact patch,
    presuming these wires are the culprit, looking at the tutorials, it seems asif there is just one blob of solder of both of the wires onto the contact patch, is this ok?
    Also, what is the purpose of soldering a copper wire between the 2 wires?

cheers, jay
  2. PAULF

PAULF Active Member

I had a go at this a while back - I did a thread somewhere - ABS Module repair - found it.

If you are reasonably competent with a soldering iron it shouldn't be too hard. In my thread you'll see I failed - bit that was finger trouble!

You will need a reasonable iron, and some flux to clean the pads.

The reason for soldering on the copper link is the originals are brittle and prone to snapping. The replacement copper link will outlast the module

Also bear in mind that once you have cleared all the codes, you may have to drive a short distance before the light goes out.
  3. jay_tqs

jay_tqs New Member

so you soler a copper wire between the two silver wires and then solder that to the contact pad?