QUATTRO 180 CHIP

sravenhill

Reaction score
Morning all,

As per title really. Any good people in the South West you guys can recommend? And anything i should do before having it chipped. Car has fresh belts and service, is it good practice to replace the MAF before any work? I think i'm right in the fact it needs a soldered in chip and not a remap?

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Car is my daily driver and has only 64k miles. Had planned to spend around 2 grand on it. Anymore and its probably easier to go out and buy something faster.

So im guessing a chip and a few bolt on bits is all thats possible.

Need advice on who to take it to

I thought B5 Quattro Sports can be live mapped?

Some you can others say you cant. Mines a 2001 if that makes any difference

The M3.8.2 ECU used on cable throttle 1.8T A4's has a non-erasable ROM inside it. This means that even if you could somehow get the ECU to allow you to write to it over OBD, the chip itself cant be changed.

You either need to find someone who can solder in a chip, or swap the ECU for a cable throttle A3 unit, which uses M3.8.3 ECU which has a rewritable flash chip instead.

Swapping the ECU might give you IMMO issues though, as the TQS cluster doesnt like pairing up with the A3 ECU. I have an A3 ECU in my track car and i just disabled the immo to get round the problem.

so really just as simple as that in essence? old ecu out, new ecu in and bypass the immo?

yep.

Bypassing the immo requires the small eeprom on the ECU to be removed, modified and reinstalled.

A good autolocksmith might be able to get them to pair up and keep the immo working.