1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quantum tuning Bristol

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by JayMc, Jan 28, 2014.

1. JayMc

JayMc Searching for 6th gear

DPF Removal | Chip Tuning | ECU Remap - Bristol - Automotive Remapping
    Has anyone had any experience of these guys, or have any thoughts on their remaps as I'm looking into getting my 1.9tdi 130 a4 remapped, and came across a guy that works here, through my work. Seems to know his stuff and is mobile which is good. The bhp gain of 159 seems a little low but good torque figures of 380nm. Only other option I've been looking at is Shark performance but its a bit of a trek to the nearest dealer.

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. MooLard

MooLard Member

Blacksmoke remaps, it's a diy remap and makes about the same results. I did my car and am mighty pleased with it, excellent value for monies.

4. JayMc

I did read up on blacksmoke, but am a bit worried about something going wrong and bricking the ecu! It does seem very good value for money though.

5. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

380nm might upset the clutch by it slipping depending on clutch condition and how smooth the torque curve is on a new map.

You can get maps with 360nm and 175 bhp to avoid this.

6. MooLard

MooLard Member

Agree that's part of the reason I went with that remap, not mega aggressive or maxed out torque of the components.
    You're right it is a worry bricking the ECU but I thought I would be ok as I took the recommended precautions of attaching a battery charger to the car, made a backup of the ECU and then flashed it with the new stuff.
    I found resetting all adaptations after and then driving until up to temperature got the most out of the remap too.

7. JayMc

I'm defiantly going to fit a new clutch, as mine is getting 'tired' so hopefully shouldn't' be a problem. Before I enquire does anyone know if Shark do a mobile service? I'm also going to look into what sort of job a diy blacksmoke map is and what leads/cables will do the job.

8. Gazwould

What's your tired clutch symptoms ?

9. JayMc

Car loaded up in 5th gear, accelerator flat out, the clutch slips slightly as the turbo spools up (2-2500rpm). 6th gear is fine.

10. Gazwould

Bingo !

I had exactly the same and a reduced torque remap eliminated clutch slip.

I put it on a dyno and the torque curve was smooth with a flat curve that held torque for longer.

11. JayMc

What map did you use?

12. deano1978

deano1978 different gear

Mine is remapped by experttuning.co.uk and is very good remap.
    They run in team with quantum,who r the actual tuners,so i reccommend them :)

JayMc likes this.
  13. Gazwould

CCCTech , I think it's a tweaked Upsolute map.