Q7 rear entertainment help/advice

paul_45

Reaction score
Hi, purchased a full spec 2013 Q7 S-line plus with B&O sound. It was B&O or Bose + Audi's rear entertainment and I went with the B&O. Meanwhile I have 3 kids that are more interested in Peppa and Mickey than booming B&O sound, so had to figure out an aftermarket rear entertainment system. Dealer came up with the Rosen AV7900 included with delivery of the vehicle, so I went for it. Bottom line on the Rosen system is that I can't stand it, given me nothing but trouble (started a thread on the AVForums site, you can read all about it there, won't bore you with detail here). So I will probably remove it and am looking for an alternative.

I'm seriously thinking of just getting one of these iPad cradles and popping a few in the car and getting the kids BT headphones. But before I do that I wanted to see if there were other systems out there that could compete with the simplicity and video quality of the iPad - and do it in the headrest. Ideally the system would have the following specs:

- integrate into the vehicle's video system (ie display the TV tuner and also output to the car's Aux input for the MMI screen)
- iPod integration (perhaps 2, one for each screen) with the iPods out of the way somewhere
- HD screen that has little/no video degradation from iPod video and displays correct video aspect

Anyone on here have any recommendations? Thanks in advance.