Q3 Climate Control 8P Retrofit

No as the heater system is different. 09 onward only.

It might do.... mine is a 57 plate, but identifies as an '08' to Audi. But is therefore a pre-facelift car.

I think it was around this time the changes happened, pre/post facelift.... and how the aircon/ vent electrics work.

I think the only was you can be sure is to have a go unfortunately... I got both my facelift ones cheap enough to take a punt

Last edited:
Chassis year 9 onwards, some 58 plate vehicles are facelift again depending on chassis.

I might scan the car and get the part number of my existing one and see if it's the same as any of the 09 ones - think i am clutching at straws though. The revised heated seat switches are what's appealing to me the most.

Highly doubt they're the same but worth a look.

Mines a pre-facelift 57 plate.... and it all works.... I went from my original one (pre faclift), to facelift jog wheel heated seat, to the one I posted earlier..... So it may well work if its a late pre facelift

Thanks Adi, i just had another look at your pic, your hazard button,ESP button etc panel is completely different than mine so you must have a later type dash. I'm more doubtful it'll work for me now.

I've face lifted my interior ;)

Mine was the three button's and a card holder originally

Edit to say, my centre console used to like the one in the pic (not my car)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    904.9 KB · Views: 787
Last edited:
Reactions: Shane-Ireland
My original unit

e54e3708e05953bf407dd5dc4a8ff581.jpg
e0172cd97d8ccffe9291b24c6b128d3f.jpg

Might give you an idea if it's the same ballpark on part no

Mine is a 57 plate though so may well have newer modules... that being just chucked on to keep the 8P1 design

Last edited:
Reactions: Shane-Ireland
so you now have the white screen? or did you just swap the dials over to look like the new one?

so you now have the white screen? or did you just swap the dials over to look like the new one?

I've got the Q3 one now - 8U0820043G / Slightly bigger screen +White output

Never taken one apart to swap dials etc, only ever replaced them like for like.

Had an RS3/ Facelift one with Orange screen, then got that one the other day after it worked. Verified Air-Con works with the measuring blocks on VCDS, and all controls are working OK.

That new q3 looks sick man; is there a version without heated seats i mean on that facelift q3 ??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That new q3 looks sick man; is there a version without heated seats i mean on that facelift q3 ??

I would have thought so, not had chance to look.

But it's usually the same part number, with a different letter on the end - to show the variation

Can't you just replace the LCD display for a white version save all the sanding if the unit and ensure a perfect fit as be using your original climate control unit

Can't you just replace the LCD display for a white version save all the sanding if the unit and ensure a perfect fit as be using your original climate control unit

I would assume so if their the same size display... how hard that would be I don't know... maybe some soldering and careful disassembly? :huh:

With the newer Q3 you couldn't with the screen being much bigger... but in all honesty the sanding isn't hard.

Mine isn't perfect, but you'd be hard pressed to notice anything without looking hard. Little bit at a time until it fits, is all I did... by hand :scared2:

Yes you can, its also much easier to modify as the internals of the Q3 fit into the A3 (none heated seat version), I did that to mine to save shaving it down.

No you cant, the screens are completely different, nor can you simply change the LEDs

Yes you can, its also much easier to modify as the internals of the Q3 fit into the A3 (none heated seat version), I did that to mine to save shaving it down.

No you cant, the screens are completely different, nor can you simply change the LEDs

That's that then lol

Reactions: Arkious

The non heated seat version just swap the front panels, no sanding required

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: downtothebone and Arkious
The non heated seat version just swap the front panels, no sanding required

Yup! just remember to make sure the buttons match too as they would need to be switched too (I had to)

Reactions: mechanic69
You mean i use mine front panel from a3 and put it on q3 climate module?

You mean i use mine front panel from a3 and put it on q3 climate module?

Yes, the Q3 plastic front panel is too big for the A3 but the actual circuit board inside is the same size as your A3. So just transplant the board (and buttons if they don't match) into your A3 climate control and simply refit .

I wish I could have done that for my RS3 but because of the heated seats I had to trim it down, but then again I fitted the RSQ3 panel which actually looks different to the A3/Q3 panel anyways so I got a bigger gain out of it :)

RenderedContent 99747697 3E20 412D 8823 0DC43A900A86

Reactions: Raiden and S.
Yes, the Q3 plastic front panel is too big for the A3 but the actual circuit board inside is the same size as your A3. So just transplant the board (and buttons if they don't match) into your A3 climate control and simply refit .

I wish I could have done that for my RS3 but because of the heated seats I had to trim it down, but then again I fitted the RSQ3 panel which actually looks different to the A3/Q3 panel anyways so I got a bigger gain out of it :)

View attachment 129590

So it appears the panel I got is the same as the RSQ3 one... makes it more of a bargain!

Do you find the Led for Screen/HVAC settings/Seats etc auto dims and brightens depending on lighting via the sensor too ?

So it appears the panel I got is the same as the RSQ3 one... makes it more of a bargain!

Do you find the Led for Screen/HVAC settings/Seats etc auto dims and brightens depending on lighting via the sensor too ?

yes although I would love to figure out how to disable it!

So the version you got has the screen covered too? it looks much better and stops all the dust settling on it :)

yes although I would love to figure out how to disable it!

So the version you got has the screen covered too? it looks much better and stops all the dust settling on it :)

I thought mine was broke initially... then slowly noticed :laughing:

Yes completely covered and extended up to the twist dials, if that makes sense... even the fan speed being hidden when on Auto, is a nice feature.

Reactions: S.
yeah that's the exact same one I have :)

Make sure you adjust the temperature setting 3 for your heated seats as it causes them to overheat and switch to heat setting 2... think they are set to 65'C for the Q3 and 55'C works fine for normal seats, although I still am yet to find a setting the buckets like :/

Reactions: adi3390
yeah that's the exact same one I have :)

Make sure you adjust the temperature setting 3 for your heated seats as it causes them to overheat and switch to heat setting 2... think they are set to 65'C for the Q3 and 55'C works fine for normal seats, although I still am yet to find a setting the buckets like :/

Same here! My buckets don't like 55 either. Although they seem to get impressively hot until they drop down.... compared to the old unit

Haha I got wrong off my Mrs when I turned it down as she preferred the toastyness too

By the way since you have buckets and the same RSQ3 panel, could you do me a favour and see if VCDS lists the adaption settings? Mine just shows numbers so had to guess which was the hearing setpoint, it wasn't too hard as I knew it was set to 65... however the heated seat memory is set 'on' on the passenger side and not the driver side. I'd like it the opposite ideally and can't identify which setting needs changed :/

Haha I got wrong off my Mrs when I turned it down as she preferred the toastyness too

By the way since you have buckets and the same RSQ3 panel, could you do me a favour and see if VCDS lists the adaption settings? Mine just shows numbers so had to guess which was the hearing setpoint, it wasn't too hard as I knew it was set to 65... however the heated seat memory is set 'on' on the passenger side and not the driver side. I'd like it the opposite ideally and can't identify which setting needs changed :/

Ahah yes, same here, again.... she likes the heat too.

Hmm that's odd, both are set to on, on mine. Was yours a LHD one, or anything exotic like that ?

Will take a look and report back

not that I am aware of, I know you can set it to remember or not but can I heck find out how!

Do we know what 2008s this works with? I believe I have a pre face? I was looking at doing this with a heated seat one since I'll be getting some new seats with heating and wanted to wire them up to look oem.

You can swap the driver and passenger settings by going into adaption on vcds, can’t remember which adaption it is, it’s in my thread. The unit then learns if the car it’s fitted too is rhd or lhd and swaps the controllers to match

Just to add for anyone else doing this. 8U0820043G also works -

502f2843113b858184ca65e873d1c3a4.jpg

7c1fad8eaa31800f6a3ea7d278c99375.jpg

Hi Adi3390!

I got an A3 8PA from 2007, 8P57A (A=Plant Country=Germany), productions month 03/07.
Do you think the Q3 Climate controller will fit my car?

By the way, another question too, I have also heard that the Central-Electric-Unit was changed at some 57-plate models, do you know if this is correct? Which Central-Electric-Unit do you have?

Hi Adi3390!

I got an A3 8PA from 2007, 8P57A (A=Plant Country=Germany), productions month 03/07.

By the way, another question too, I have also heard that the Central-Electric-Unit was changed at some 57-plate models, do you know if this is correct? Which Central-Electric-Unit do you have?

09 onwards only I think?

Hi Adi3390!

Hi Chiroone,

Mines a 57 plate car, and pre facelift in looks.. will take a look when I get chance and let you know.

I put a pic up earlier in the thread with my original climate control, might have a date in that I think

Reactions: chiroone

Hello Arkious, did you find an answer about heated seat memory adaptation chanel ? I have the exact same configuration as yours and want to change it fo both seats..
Also I have a LHD unit- will it adapt itself or it has to be reconfigured as well ?

Thank you very much

Hello Arkious, did you find an answer about heated seat memory adaptation chanel ? I have the exact same configuration as yours and want to change it fo both seats..
Also I have a LHD unit- is it will adapt itself or it has to be reconfigured as well ?

Thank you very much

As it turns out I believe it’s a safety feature, I had a brand new A6 whilst my car was getting serviced and it automatically turned down the heated seats to stage two after a given time. I don’t believe this is a problem with the unit but I don’t have any certain information.

I also need to find out how to switch it from passenger memory to driver memory

Just to add for anyone else doing this. 8U0820043G also works -

502f2843113b858184ca65e873d1c3a4.jpg

Nice. Does the "Off" button work? My FL car with red screen has the manual recirculation button there, but wouldn't mind the off button instead if it works correctly.