Q2 Q2 Rear Brakes binding

grimbolgit

Reaction score
Q2 has awful noise from rear brakes when reversing and brakes are cold. Dealer has stripped and greased brakes twice. Vehicle does not have hill assist but does have electronic handbrake. When picking it up from the dealer tonight , with the vehicle facing up hill, handbrake off, engine running then taking foot of brake it holds position for a couple of seconds before rolling back. Any techs out there with any ideas?

Dealer in question usually good but they are struggling with the concept of rear pads binding.

My new S3 with s-tronic is like that. Electric handbrake without hill hold. But it still holds the brakes for 1-2 seconds before releasing. I thought it was normal.

I don't have a noise though....

Both my previous 2014 S3, and my current RSQ3 (both with S-Tronic boxes and electronic handbrake) released off immediately (no delay at all) when the accelerator was pressed. Neither had hill hold either. If your S3 is holding for 1-2 seconds (are you really sure its that long - that is a long time for the brakes to hold after releasing the electronic handbrake) then suggest you may have an issue, as it shouldn't do that, release should be immediate from when the accelerator is pressed