1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Puzzling oil light problem

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Joshstan, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Joshstan

Joshstan Member

Hi all this is my first thread here I have had my nice shiny s3 for about a week now and after 2days I had the red dripping oil can
    being fairly familiar with the vag 1.8t engines (last car was a mk4 golf gti) I had the sump off cleaned it up and fitted a new oil pump and pickup pipe along with full oil and filter change after all of this I start the car and gently run it to 2k rpm for a few seconds and the bloody light comes back on I really don't know what else to do
    is there a way I can bypass the pressure sender (just to be able to rule out a wiring fault)

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Joshstan

Joshstan Member

Forgot to mention it is a 1999 apy engine code

4. Lewis583

Lewis583 Active Member
    VCDS Map User

You could disconnect the spade terminal from the pressure sender and earth it while revving. Though I only suggest doing that after you have mechanically checked the oil pressure with a gauge.

5. Joshstan

Joshstan Member

Thanks for the reply I'll have to go find a pressure gauge tomorrow and give that a go also my VAGCOM cable should arrive in the next 2 days so hopefully I can find the cause of this I'm in over £150 already trying to sort this lol