Putting Fuel in!

dickys3

Staff member
Reaction score
When I try to put fuel in, the pump is forever clicking and shutting off!

I've tried 3 different garages now and they are all doing it so I don't think its the pump!

Anyone else have this problem?

Yes we have the same thing on our beauty, stealers said no problems, but i have noticed compared to the 8L model it doesnt do it, anyone else shed any light??

mine doesn't do it...3dr old style grill.

I used to have this issue with an old Rover (shut it!) I had. I got around the issue in the end by putting the handle in upside down, i.e. trigger towards the sky. Not ideal but it might alleviate your frustration.

This is a known problem, not just with the A3. I've seen it mentioned in other forums. It is easily avoided by holding the handle sideways.

I sometimes get this problem on my SB, even from empty. I don't put the nozzle in all the way for about the first 10 litres to avoid the clicking and then it sorts itself out.

Mines OK - Lexus IS is well known for this as well, you would think they would think about it when the are designing the thing.

yea all the time had to just press the trigger in about 75% to stop it

Thought you soot chuckers didnt need to fill up that often so why is it a problem!!!!!...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

My original 03 model 2.0FSI was a pig to fuel, my later 05 2.0T has a totally different neck when you look into it, absolutely no problem at all, any pump, any fuel station, it clicks off once, when its full

i always have to keep the nozzle out nearly half way on the s3 otherwise it clicks away merrily.

And with these various petrol engined cars you have to fill them up so much more often than us diesel guys so it must be a real problem....... - sorry but that one is for 911SC !

[ QUOTE ]
And with these various petrol engined cars you have to fill them up so much more often than us diesel guys so it must be a real problem....... - sorry but that one is for 911SC !

[/ QUOTE ]

Today got from Leicestershire to about 50 miles from where I live via Dover on one tank, averaged about 80/100mph all the way and the DIS says average 50.1mpg...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif