1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting a3 back to standard, where to start?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gummidge, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Gummidge

Gummidge New Member

Hi all, I have an a3 3.2 v6 quattro 53 plate. It has numerous modifications, 19" alloy wheels, custom made cat back exhaust, lowered.

I will be selling the car soon and it was advised it might be better to put it back to standard. Do I put a thread up asking people with the same car if they want some modded parts for standard parts?

Any advice welcome,

Thanks
  2. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

It's going to cost you money to swop to the standard parts! Things like the alloy wheels I'm sure you can do yourself on your drive, just sell as is is my preference.
    camscockle20vT likes this.
  3. camscockle20vT

camscockle20vT The stigs ugly brother

No point mate, you may narrow your market abit with all the mods, but! Most people who want a 3.2 audi and can afford the petrol will probably be greatfull of the mods youv done. Just my opinion.
  4. Gummidge

Gummidge New Member

To be honest I think the mods make it stand out. But when I put up a whats it worth thread people were mainly saying the mods will make it harder to sell and it might be worth putting to standard?
  5. camscockle20vT

camscockle20vT The stigs ugly brother

I bought my car because of all the mods :think:

Who buys a 3.2 v6 and dosent want to hear that baby roar?

If it was a nissan micra on 22s and a cherry bomb exhaust, then id agree that the 52 year old grandad market may be put off.
  6. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

Just had a look at your thread, car looks smart with the mods. I'd personally leave the exhaust and suspension on, and offer the car on standard rims or the 19s at a higher price, then see how it goes? Buyers's market out there, and high fuel consumption hatchbacks are not on everyone's shopping list anymore.