1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pushbike nicked....now fuming

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by JohnboyC, Jun 6, 2010.

1. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

[Jun 6, 2010]
    Talk about having some balls....whilst I was mowing my back garden on friday afternoon some scumbag walked into my garage (where I keep my mower, etc) and nicked my £250 mountain bike.....OK it may have been 4 years old...but it was in mint condition...........the cocky sh1t even left his/her shagged out pushbike at the bottom of my drive....

I have always taken great trouble when I leave it somewhere to make sure its locked up, but never bothered locking it up in my garage....I never bothered insuring it....

So top tip for all you folks who have a half decent pushbike(s) in the garage is make sure its locked to an eyebolt (or something imoveable) in the wall ...

Feeling a bit p*$$ed off but I suppose it was my own fault for leaving the garage open ....
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 6, 2010]
    What a b*stard, sorry to hear that John. I must admit I'm a bit paranoid about keeping the shed locked, and the front door when we're out the back etc.

A sad reflection on todays society.
  4. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

[Jun 6, 2010]
    Think yourself lucky it was a £2k bike that got nicked!. One of my old race bikes got nicked out of a locked shed in the back garden a couple of years ago....not happy at all. Shed had more locks on it than you've ever seen so they just removed the door :(

My other bikes are in my garage... eye bolts set into the concrete floor and massive chains holding them down.

Sorry to hear about it though, the fact the twunt left his shitty old one there makes it even more annoying!. My money is on some opportunist scrote that just happened to be passing. :(
  5. 10blazin

10blazin HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

[Jun 7, 2010]
    leeving the shagged out push bike is actually piss funny , sorry ....that takes the biscuit
  6. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

[Jun 8, 2010]
    Thanks chaps.....apparently where I work is doing the "Cycletowork" thing soon....will pick myself another bike o that scheme....

Just goes to show you cannot trust anyone

When I reported the theft to Lancs Police, apparently bike theft is rife....and so is garden furniture...

Will lock up my 1) Bike, 2) Garden Furniture, 3) self winding up hose, 4) Golf clubs......anything else.....ho hum !
  7. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

[Jun 16, 2010]
    Just keep an eye ebay, alot of nicked bikes end up on there.