Purchasing a new car advise

dalemathieson

Reaction score
The time has finally came to upgrade the 1.4tfsi 8P A3 to an 8V S3, however this is my first experience with purchasing a brand new car and was hoping I could get some advise.

I have used carwow to get a few different offers, one of which currently beats My local Audi's deposit contribution for the same car by around £500.

Is it possible to be able to get some extras to the car thrown in for free if I state that another audi dealership is able to beat there current offer in order to gain my custom? I've also read that you should try and get free servicing thrown in as well. How much extras should I try and push for?

Problem is I don't really know how to go about doing it either, am I just supposed to straight up say "I'll sign the dotted line TODAY providing you make the offer currently going that little bit more special"?

Any additional advice on purchasing a new car would be welcomed greatly also.

Plan is to walk out of Audi with an ordered S3 tomorrow. Been in for a rough estimate talk and gained some quotes and a test drive already in the past few days.

Cheers,
Dale

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I went for the test drive armed with a print out of the best quote from CarWow. After the test drive he said "Do you want to go home and think about it?", I replied "No, I want to talk figures". This shocked him to say the least, we went inside and sat down. I put my cards on the table and said "I don't wish to come across as being arrogant, but I don't want to waste your time or my time, this is what I can get it for in Audi Coventry, match that and I'll sign for the car today. If I leave I'll not be coming back" Then showed him the printout, after a few calls to various bosses he agreed to get close to it! Turned out it was only about £170 more to stay local. So I signed there and then.

As for options such as wheel cover etc. I didn't take any. GAP insurance can be had for a fraction of what Audi want. The paint protect is cr**, you are better off getting a pro detail done for the same sort of money.

You should get at least 10% off, just stick to your guns.

As it's an S3 your after you're better off using this part of the forum which is just for the New A3/S3 (8V Chassis) http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/forums/new-a3-s3-8v-chassis.244/ all your S3 questions will be answered there.