1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pulsing Interior Lights

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by juntz, Sep 12, 2008.

1. juntz

juntz New Member

[Sep 12, 2008]
    Recently i have noticed that intermittently my interior lights front/back are pulsing on/off under normal driving, i also have an issue that when i lock my car sometimes i turn back to notice the indicators flashing as if the alarm is going off but with no siren which i presume maybe related to the first problem.

I have also noticed a ticking noice coming from somewhere behind the dashboard whcih sounds like a relay sticking possibly?

any ideas please guys?

cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. S3mad

S3mad Dark Knight

[Sep 12, 2008]
    intermittently my interior lights front/back are pulsing on/off ,

sounds like a electrical fault a ground maybe shorting out had a problem like that with my mk2 golf gti .
  4. Carpy25

Carpy25 Member

[Sep 12, 2008]
    had the same problem , plus random false alarms , mine was a sticking micro switch in the door lock ,this is what turns on the lights and triggers the alarm , the funny flash when you lock the car is telling you it thinks the doors still open ,if i opened and slamed the door hard it would stop but since sprayed it with wd40 and at seems ok at the moment

Rob
  5. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Well-Known Member Regional Rep

[Sep 14, 2008]
    Same here. Its the pin switch inside the door lock/catch. you can tell its going to happen when the red light on the enge of the door stays on once the door has been closed. ive been told that you can either adjust the catch or replace the catch itself. I poked mine with a screwdriver and it has worked for now...