1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pulling under braking

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by DH, Sep 21, 2007.

1. DH

DH New Member

[Sep 21, 2007]
    Guys,

There is a stretch of pretty worn road by me, and the path of where your tyres go is probably an inch or so sunk below the rest of the road, like ingrained tracks.

When braking the car pulls all over the place, to the left and right. I recently had new discs and pads all round but this hasn't made a difference.

I was in a mates brand new A4 the other day and told him about it so he drove over it and braked, and said that he had the same thing. Now, I wasn't driving so I don't know how badly it pulled compared to mine but it made me even more confused as to why this happens as his car was only 3 days old compared to my 2000 S3.

Any ideas?
    Cheers
  2. rodenal

rodenal Active Member

[Sep 21, 2007]
    Because it isn't a smooth surface, and the wheels grip at different contact points, causing them to pull different ways.

I'd say anyway - i'd be more bothered if it happened on smooth, flat roads
  3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 21, 2007]
    Sounds normal to me, a car has a habit of following camber, especially the fronts when under load, which is what's happening when you are braking.