Pulling Problems

bench33

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a problem with my 1.9tdi saloon. The car is pulling to the left very badly (worn through two front tyres in 6 months!) yet the tracking is straight and the car has two brand new front tyres. Two garages have checked the car and said that the suspension is straight and that the fault wiould be corrected with new tyres; it wasn't. Although when I took the car for 4-wheel alignment, they said the camber was out in the drivers side wheel... yet nothing is bent.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing the pull ?

Cheers

I know this doesn't particularly help but from the title of this thread I thought u had women issues! Anyway feel free to buy my new and upcoming (and unpublished) book, 'JD's how to pull women'. Guaranteed success.

Have you checked the lower arms for excessive wear? The camber is adjustable on the front of the A4. So It could just be out from a clip of a kerb.

When you brake, does it wobble? or pull?

could you have a bent suspension strut that you cant pick up with your eyes....

It does pull and wobble under breaking ... I was told by the 4 wheel alignment place that the camber wasn't adjustable though?

but if your strut bent thats going to throw your camber out and kill tyres......

by strut you mean shock yeah? that might be what's happening to me. mine pulls to the right a bit, even after 4 wheel alignment and a full set of front control arms. So i'm left wondering if it could be the shock or maybe the arm bushes?

yes m8 suspension leg / strut.... if it's had a bounce up the kerb in previous life it could be bent maybe worth a closer inspection