Pulled the trigger!

Kimmy.E

Self confessed chic geek
Reaction score
Firstly Hello everybody!

This is my first post here after reading the forums for a few weeks.
I pulled the trigger and put in an order for a S3 SB in Sepang blue today from Northampton Audi, which actually isn't my local dealer, Oxford is.
This is my first Audi after many year of Volvo's. The test drive I had today in one of Northampton's S3's helped to seal the deal. What a machine!!

Over the weeks I have read the forums tirelessly to help decide on the options and colour, and after a long few weeks I was sure about all the options I wanted.

So I have gone with the following

S3 Sport Back S-Tronic
Sepang blue
Super sport seats
Extended mono.pur
Red callipers
Comfort pack
Tech pack
Interior light pack
LED headlights
Bang and Olufsen
Aluminium roof rails
Privacy glass
Auto dimming, heated and folding door mirrors
Rear side air bags.

Negotiated some discount, and got them to throw in full tank of fuel, paint and leather protection, gap insurance and two MMI leads for iPhones and IPods.

Now just for the long 3 month wait!!

Reactions: Martinbanshee, Dazzeroo, Dtwm1 and 3 others
What was your discount? I hope you got at least 11% knocked off!

Time will drag a bit!!
Actually I got fed up with Northampton Audi. They just didn't seem interested in selling me a car, so I went to Milton Keynes. Much better experience. But I'm sure you will be fine now you have placed the order.
Did you spec High beam assist or does that come with the LED lights? If not, I would add it. I think it is just great now the dark nights are here.

Hi Kimmy, welcome to audi-sport.net. Im sure you will enjoy the car. You probably talking Feb/march for delivery. It be worth the wait though. Im sure you have read lots in here in the 8v section. We will try keep you occupied till you pick up the car. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Welcome! Seems you have ordered everything except pano roof

I didn't hold back on the options, but I was sensible at the same time. I didn't tick anything just for the sake of it or if I didn't think I would use it much I left it out.

I had a 12% discount apparently but I haven't actually sat down and worked it out myself. It's on a business contract hire through my company so it's a bit more complex to work out through monthly figures.
If you guys know an easy way to work it out that would be great!

I didn't bother with high beam assit. I think it may breed laziness and as I drive other vehicles I didn't want to keep forgetting turning off the high beam.

It's like those cars that parallel park for you, I think eventually you will forget how to parallel park properly if the car has been doing all the work for you.

Hi Kimmy, welcome to the forum.
Nice spec all but the colour, not too late to change it.................

I'm sure the three months wait will go rather quickly.

In a few months the country is going to be swarmed with bright blue cars......lol
I really liked sepang but wasn't available for an affordable premium when I ordered my Estoril blue, kinda glad Estroil is discontinued as it will be a rarer car on roads.
I have only ever seen 1 other Estoril S3 in 6 months, although to be fair I have yet to even see 1 sepang!!

See a Sepang every day (so must be pretty common), but saw a three door S3 in Estoril last Sunday on the A511 in Leicestershire. I thought how nice it looked.

So far I think I have only seen one Sepang blue on the road.

The one I test drove was a Kingfisher blue, nice colour, but not worth the 2k price tag I don't think.

Might pop into Audi Oxford today and see if they can beat the deal from Northampton.

Always nice to have something to beat another dealer with!

I have but I am still within my rights to cancel with them should I wish to do so.

Oxford didn't bother returning my call yesterday, that doesn't fill me with confidence.

I have filled out the form on carwow, just got to wait and see what prices that comes back with.

Don't forget to check the prices on Carfile too Kimmy ;)

They seem to be very competitive on S3 pricing at the moment :thumbs up:

Just had a look at the quotes from carwow. Coventry Audi are still well over a grand away from the price I negotiated from Northampton. I guess it must have been a good deal, I suppose I was there for four hours!!

Have you got a quote from Carfile yet Kimmy? :think:

Carfile price is still over by nearly £600.
I forgot to add I am ordering two vehicles from them so maybe that explains the good discount. Although the second one isn't actually ordered or even configured yet. Its a Q3, but its going through a facelift, so you can't actually configure or order a Q3 at the moment.

Carfile price is still over by nearly £600.
I forgot to add I am ordering two vehicles from them so maybe that explains the good discount. Although the second one isn't actually ordered or even configured yet. Its a Q3, but its going through a facelift, so you can't actually configure or order a Q3 at the moment.
Sounds like you've got a great deal then Kimmy :thumbs up: