1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pulled the Trigger.....

cilurnum Jul 24, 2014

1. cilurnum

cilurnum Active Member

Well, Listers finally got the documentation out to me, deposit taken, I've signed it and sent it off.

Absolutely poured over the options to trade off nice-to-haves with the sorts of driving I do and things that would make life easier.

A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 184 S Line 5dr (manual, of course)
    Metallic - Monsoon grey
    Heated front seats
    Through load system
    Electric adjustable/heated/folding door mirrors
    Xenon plus headlights
    Privacy glass
    Non smoking pack
    Reversing camera
    Deletion of model + engine designation at rear
    Hill hold assist
    Audi Sound System with 10 speakers
    MMI Radio with CD player and SD/HC card slot
    18" 5 parallel spoke design part polished alloy wheels
    Interior light pack
    Biathlon cloth/pearl nappa leather upholstery
    Comfort pack - A3 with adaptive cruise control and parking system plus

I'm a little excited with a bit of trepidation thrown in. I've now just got to wait and finance it! It's the first time I've bought a new car and I thought I never would. However, given the age and type of the car I wanted getting a new one wasn't much more expensive than a used one, especially with the deal I've got.

2. Pulp84

Pulp84 Well-Known Member Audi S3

Nice spec! I am a real fan of the 184 TDI - you will love it. Do you have an idea of build week?

3. cilurnum

cilurnum Active Member

I test drove a 184 Quattro and decided I wanted the power. It's a lovely engine and a few years ago you couldn't get an engine with that power and fuel economy. I know people who have given up Focus STs because they can't afford to run them.

No idea of a build week yet, but some time in November is what I've been told. Won't be surprised if it slips.

4. a3_phil

a3_phil Active Member Audi A3

Very nice, though you've stolen my thunder as I'm probably pushing the button on a very similar spec later today!

5. bobinder

bobinder Active Member

Great alloys. I've got the same and they have a metallic effect to them that isn't obvious in the photos.

6. cilurnum

cilurnum Active Member

They're the standard S-Line alloys apparently. I just didn't see any point in upgrading as I like them better.

7. steeve

steeve Well-Known Member TeamMisano Team Ibis Audi S3

That's a great spec, the engine is great, brilliant performance and good economy too.

8. bobinder

bobinder Active Member

Oh wait, I thought they were the 5-arm dynamic alloys. I have the other ones.

9. cilurnum

cilurnum Active Member

I think you can only get the 5 arm ones on the sport, unless I'm mistaken. I've been through that configurator so many times.....

10. bobinder

bobinder Active Member

Yup only on Sport and SE.

AQ5_D_10152.jpg

11. cilurnum

cilurnum Active Member

OK, I know way too much about A3 configurations now...... :whistle2:

12. bobinder

bobinder Active Member

Trust me I did the same even after I had ordered and was sat 5 months waiting for it to be built! :D

13. cilurnum

cilurnum Active Member

Signed documents on Thursday, sent to dealer, got an e-mail from dealer late on Friday telling me the provisional build date is 15th September, so week 38 I think. Delivery October or November. Faster than I thought, although these things can slip as we know.