Pulled over by police

The only bulbs I have changed are the DRL's which are pretty much never on anyway. They're not any brighter than the standard ones, just less yellow. My car is very legal.:icon_thumright:

How are the traffic boys liking the Silver 3.2 S/Bs they got to replace the T5s?

mis aligned headlights

Has any noticed the main culprits seem to be french cars citroens pugs and renaults.

After some digging around i am now convinced that these cars seem to ere to the right rather than left but we cannot stop these cars as they have EC type approval and they meet manufacturers specifications.

In the UK we cannot refuse vehicles which meet EC type approval. even if they dont meet uk specifications.

The goverment bowed down to european legislation I am sure that a number of new cars with small headlights indicators which are hard to see and badly positioned brake lights etc years ago would not be legal in this country.

Just a thought I also believe in black helicopters

Max

maxlbrown said:
mis aligned headlights

Has any noticed the main culprits seem to be french cars citroens pugs and renaults.

After some digging around i am now convinced that these cars seem to ere to the right rather than left but we cannot stop these cars as they have EC type approval and they meet manufacturers specifications.

We've owned several Peugeots and Renaults.
None of them have had mis-aligned headlights.
They would fail the MOT if they did.

CJP80 said:
I wish they'd pull people over for more driving related offences, like driving in the middle of two lanes

only if they shoot them after they've been pulled over,

people would soon learn not to do it,

if they didn't the problem would be removed anyway.

maybe I'm being a little harsh but I've not had enough caffeine today

:faint:

We've owned several Peugeots and Renaults.
None of them have had mis-aligned headlights.

I think mis-aligned headlights has much more to do with the driver than the type of car. It's the same as driving with front fog lights on all the time. Having said that a high percentage of the 'fog light drivers' around here seem to be driving Peugeots - perhaps it's a badly positioned warning light - or may be not!!!

marriedblonde said:
Wow there on the middle and outside lane driving comments. I drive a BMW I have a right to hog these lanes :)

here here!! ;) Thats why they are called the BMW lane isnt it??

Seriously, Ive gotta step out my BMW fanboy suit soon to an audi one so I'll shut up now. :tocktock:

marriedblonde said:
Wow there on the middle and outside lane driving comments. I drive a BMW I have a right to hog these lanes :)

With your foot to the floor , while smoking a fag and chatting on the phone , and your suit jacket blocking the view out of the rear window! Lol ;o)

p

phantom said:
With your foot to the floor , while smoking a fag and chatting on the phone , and your suit jacket blocking the view out of the rear window! Lol ;o)

p

If you have cruise control and the auto box you can put your feet up on the dashboard too! :jump:

phantom said:

p

I hope your not trying to stereo type me? I dont wear a suit to work, or use the rear view mirror :)

J.

alrite, i got stopped by the police in my focus due to my tints i was told to take them out or get a £60 fine and 3 points on my licence. ok mine were illegal 70% on front fair enough he was doing his job but its gutting stripping your car down to take the film off:mad:

CJP80 said:
The only bulbs I have changed are the DRL's which are pretty much never on anyway. They're not any brighter than the standard ones, just less yellow. My car is very legal.:icon_thumright:

How are the traffic boys liking the Silver 3.2 S/Bs they got to replace the T5s?

I've no idea to be honest, they don't really talk to us mere beat bobbies. They do look cool though. There's also a shweet looking 3-series BM going about too now. They still use V70s though, got a new 07 plate one recently which looks nice.

audisturg said:
alrite, i got stopped by the police in my focus due to my tints i was told to take them out or get a £60 fine and 3 points on my licence. ok mine were illegal 70% on front fair enough he was doing his job but its gutting stripping your car down to take the film off:mad:

How on earth do you drive at night like that? You musn't be able to see anything!

audisturg said:

Knowing it's wrong and still continuing to do it makes it doubly worth the comment in my book.

Wait till he runs over a member of your family because he can't see them in the dark.

Eeef said:
Knowing it's wrong and still continuing to do it makes it doubly worth the comment in my book.

Wait till he runs over a member of your family because he can't see them in the dark.
Just seemed a bit a harsh comment-but when you put it like that, fair point.:sorry:

"Another favourite is roundabouts...two lanes, both of which can go straight, so you sit in the outside lane as everyone else seems unable to read the road signage. Obviously, you pull out and indicate of the roundabout to go straight, then the barrage of abuse comes from the ignorant **** in the inside lane trying to undertake you because he cannot read!"
------------------

Up to you to give way mate, your in the outside lane and officially overtaking so the guy in the inside lane has right of way.

Know what you mean though !

paddy said:
"Another favourite is roundabouts...two lanes, both of which can go straight, so you sit in the outside lane as everyone else seems unable to read the road signage. Obviously, you pull out and indicate of the roundabout to go straight, then the barrage of abuse comes from the ignorant **** in the inside lane trying to undertake you because he cannot read!"
------------------

Up to you to give way mate, your in the outside lane and officially overtaking so the guy in the inside lane has right of way.

Know what you mean though !

Spot on, Paddy.
I come across this all the time.
The person in the left hand lane has right of way, so the "ignorant ****", in this scenario, is the "ignorant ****" in the right hand lane.
I've had a copper stop me for this once, accusing me of cutting him up, when in reality I was the one with ****** right of way.:tocktock:
Really, if they don't know the highway code, what hope do we have for Joe Public.

Sorry, I obviously didn't make myself clear. I was refering to the instance when two lanes merge into one after a roundabout.

If the lane closes from the right, the person in the right lane has right of way! The highway sign shows two cars and the one in the right lane is actually behind the one in the left. Yet the arrow indicates the driver to the right has the right of way.

The opposite is true if the lane closes from the left.