• 5584E338-8938-4F3D-AD98-20909FDD03F3.jpeg
    5584E338-8938-4F3D-AD98-20909FDD03F3.jpeg
    1,018.5 KB · Views: 854
  • 89833762-2C6F-4B7D-BDB2-A53756EE7950.jpeg
    89833762-2C6F-4B7D-BDB2-A53756EE7950.jpeg
    867.5 KB · Views: 418
Reactions: Audi Bairn, lucaslfc and Jassyo06
looks good.
Where did you purchase them from? What MY is you car? i am looking for some for the rear doors, but non of the (cheap) imports seem compatible with MY18.

Reactions: lucaslfc
Mine is a 2014 S3 sportback.
These where from eBay, £27 for all 4 doors.
Pick whatever you wanted.
Very happy with them.

Everyone that has been in my car is always so anazed by the puddle lights. Good cheap mod!

Reactions: Tom.H, Audi Bairn, lucaslfc and 2 others
Mine are getting very spotty and the image looks messy after a year. Are they easy to clean and does this cure it?

Mine are getting very spotty and the image looks messy after a year. Are they easy to clean and does this cure it?

Mine were replaced under warranty when the car was in for it's first service as they were in this state. It sounds like an issue with the first lot of FL cars.

Love the puddle lights...Always put a cheeky smile on my face. You can wipe them over with a cloth very easily, but they shouldn't really get that dirty.

However one thing to note that I have come across with the red part items is that after around a year the red part behind the S / RS symbol starts to bleed / fade. ( My S3 lights were from Raywell, so not cheap )... So you have to replace them if you want them to keep looking their best. The Ebay items are however less than quarter the price of the official Audi ones though which retail between £70-£90 a set of 2 if you purchase direct from your local dealer. They can of course be purchased cheaper through other channels.

S3 logo back in Dec 2015... when first installed

81DD86FC BD56 403C B4DD 0A75DA0866CD

More recently... red faded and now light has a blue hue...

C6D03D39 FF5E 46B3 90F5 886700B500C7

So replaced with official Audi items... which fingers crossed will last !

285CA8FD 9632 4C88 A804 AD69FA7C4435

Look sweet them mate.another thing added to me ebay watch list:yum:

They easy enough to fit then mate?

I'm confused about when these puddle lights were first introduced? My 16 plate s3 doesn't have them but is apparent where they would go.

Attachments

• IMG_20171119_094426_662.jpg
    IMG_20171119_094426_662.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 394
I'm confused about when these puddle lights were first introduced? My 16 plate s3 doesn't have them but is apparent where they would go.
That is odd. From memory on my 16 plate, despite how odd it sounds I think they were maybe part of the INTERIOR light pack.

Still wouldn't have been logo ones, just regular ones

That is odd. From memory on my 16 plate, despite how odd it sounds I think they were maybe part of the INTERIOR light pack.

Still wouldn't have been logo ones, just regular ones
Hmm that looks possible, I found this post...
A3 Interior Light Upgrade (8V Chassis)
The Interior Light Pack is cost option that can be added. It adds all interior LED lights, and also adds lights to the side and underneath of the doors, door handles, foot wells, cup holders etc. It's a great option for not too much extra, but really makes the cabin look fantastic, especially at night :)

Though according to the brochure http://audinow.co.uk/brochure/Audi A3.pdf ...
"Interior lighting package.
Anti-glare lighting for the passenger compartment comprising door sill and footwell
lighting at the front as well as illuminated inside door openers, vanity mirrors and illuminated cup holders, 2 reading lights each at the front and rear, LED interior ambient lighting and active door reflectors. Also available as part of the Xenon light package (WB6) or the LED light package (PG1)"

So not sure where they are in this..

On the S3 facelift they are called "Audi Beam" and is standard it seems.

Last edited:
Anyone know if these will fit a 3door built may 2017?

Hmm that looks possible, I found this post...
A3 Interior Light Upgrade (8V Chassis)

Though according to the brochure http://audinow.co.uk/brochure/Audi A3.pdf ...
"Interior lighting package.
Anti-glare lighting for the passenger compartment comprising door sill and footwell
lighting at the front as well as illuminated inside door openers, vanity mirrors and illuminated cup holders, 2 reading lights each at the front and rear, LED interior ambient lighting and active door reflectors. Also available as part of the Xenon light package (WB6) or the LED light package (PG1)"

So not sure where they are in this..

On the S3 facelift they are called "Audi Beam" and is standard it seems.
Yeah that's it, knew I wasn't going mad haha

The ones that project the logo were an additional dealer fitted accessory even on my 2016 with ILP, it just comes with standard LED puddle lights. Yeah the FL are the ones where they started giving even the logo lights standard.

Reactions: oli356
Yeah that's it, knew I wasn't going mad haha

The ones that project the logo were an additional dealer fitted accessory even on my 2016 with ILP, it just comes with standard LED puddle lights. Yeah the FL are the ones where they started giving even the logo lights standard.
Shame :( maybe next time then I'll have them!

Reactions: azibux1