1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 strikes..... POO machine

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by 1animal1, Feb 10, 2009.

1. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

[Feb 10, 2009]
    To top a night off where my rear bumper gets wiped out.... i get home to watch a blu ray to find my PS3 wont let me select a disc, when i scroll down the menu's they scroll back up too quick for me to select anything....plugged the controller in which seems to have solved the issue then unplug it fully charged and it does it again!!! really not impressed with this system at all

to cap it off i made a nice gesture and bought the missus prostreet which after loading up the demo (2-3 hour job) annoyed the **** out of me....so what happens when i load up the full actual game....well sony want to load an update before she can play!! almost the size of the chuffing demo!!! another 2-3 hour wait..

NEVER had any of these problems with the Xbox, thoroughly sold off PS's now.....is it just me getting these issues or is this system really this ****

really in the mood to flush the thing down the pan but cant seem to force it past the seat!!!

Tim
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 15, 2014]

3. 1animal1

[Feb 11, 2009]
    ah one problem resolved..... i shook the controller as it seemed one of the joysticks had stuck for some reason.... then banged it on a hard floor to release it properly, job done!! still poo for all the updates
  4. Mr.G

Mr.G Active Member

[Feb 11, 2009]
    It's going to be like that and probably get worse as time goes on. Better games require more storage capacity.

I'm a little fed up with mine too truth be told. I have setup my home network so that it's plugged in via ethernet to my router. My PC is also plugged in via ethernet, the laptops wireless though. If you have your PS3 wireless try using the ethernet cable to connect. It'll be 50% faster while using network orientated things as in store/downloads etc.

G
  5. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 11, 2009]
    my 360 put up a red light on sunday....80 quid its costing me and its the might Elite version as well but didn't last 14 months.
  6. 1animal1

[Feb 11, 2009]
    cheers for comments chaps..... Jay i bought elite just cos i thought it wouldnt do this grrr....you do get a hell of a lot of use though lol

in summary, both machines are sheit with sounds of things!! im going out at lunch to buy an old grandstand with tennis on
  7. dsmclark40v

dsmclark40v Member

[Feb 11, 2009]
    Shouldn't this be covered by the 3 year extended warrenty.

The time it takes to install the games on the ps3 annoys me too, and then when it has to install the update aswell you can wait a good 20minute sometimes.
    Tim have you got the bluetooth remote for the ps3? I got one as it makes it alot easier to use a dvd player. I'll add you on my xbox live I am on there alot of the time playing cod4 and 5. my gamertag is spamburg

Sam
  8. 1animal1

[Feb 11, 2009]
    cheers Sam...... cya on there mate

not got bluetooth remote yet although i think im happy to make do as have too many remotes already, luckily it was only the controller at fault and its simple enough to use..... hopefully i'll be able to spend more time on the Xbox now and leave her to her new games on PS3:lmfao:..... i look forward to the reward of the 4 rings to show my high status - aye Jas?:jester:
  9. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 11, 2009]
    in a word...no! as it was only one red light.

Tim TBH I was getting bored anyhoo.
  10. Kontraband

Kontraband Active Member

[Feb 11, 2009]
    Nah, the updates are too heavy... make your BB connection faster!! :p

One thing you will have to watch for tho is fingerprints on the discs ... it HATES them!!

add me: kontraband (if your network will allow us to get some gaming on!)
  11. 1animal1

[Feb 11, 2009]
    jas.....not suprised mate, out of all my mates on there you are 2nd in terms of time spent on the chuffing game..... suprised you havent thrown the whole console out the window yet!!

ALright fella!!! haha my connection is with orange BB and i am defo getting 8mb's as checked on that website (cant remember the name) and also checked on own laptop.... bloody thing, im still on Xbox, havent created name for me on PS3 yet as never intended buying any decent games....got the misus Bejing 2008 and need for speed yesterday which seem ok - im too fixated on my COD WAW :)..... cant get her off the thing now, my plan is working!!! muhahaha
  12. Kontraband

Kontraband Active Member

[Feb 27, 2009]
    HAHAHAh COD WOW is ok.... Bejing was pooooop...

Havent been on mine much recently.. damn stupid work!!