1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 pre-order

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Geordie Mike, May 22, 2006.

1. Geordie Mike

Geordie Mike Yeee-haw

Anyone got a PS3 on pre-order yet? I know gamestation have stopped taking orders and aren't even sayong if you've ordered you've got one. I read something that there are expected to be 2 million released globally (but can't remember where I read it) and these are all expected to go on pre order.

I know it's evil, but I'm sorely tempted to order 2 and ebay the second... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Mike
  2. doeboy

doeboy Member

i was thinking 3, but from 3 different outlets. then take a day off work and pick em all up!
    If you manage to get your hands on them the veryt least you'l get is your money back.

If it's a fight to preorder then you'll make a small fortune selling them on ebay. If a few months after pre-ordering we hear through the grapevine Sony will ship many more units, you can cancel your pre-order,

Win-win. imo
  3. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

Good point.....pre-ordering it is then!
  4. Geordie Mike

Geordie Mike Yeee-haw

Still can't find much on it, this is the best I can find:

PS3 pre-order

Tough question is which console will parents want for Tarquin - the 20 Gb non-HD or the 60 Gb version....
  5. Geordie Mike

Geordie Mike Yeee-haw

Got this today from play.com, £550 though with the 3 games...

play.com PS3 with 3 games

Not sure those are the games I want. They're not guaranteeing delivery before Xmas, 1st come 1st served!

Mike
  6. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

Wow thats a sting....... £50 a game...suppose same as Xbox360 so to be expected. Also the games they are bundling with PS3 are crap! I dont want to pay £150 for 3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif games i'm not going to play!
  7. Geordie Mike

Geordie Mike Yeee-haw

That's what I was thinking. I've signed up for an amazon PS3 update e-mail, so hopefully I'll know as soon as it's available for pre-order there. Hope they don't all try to take advantage by bundling though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif
  8. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

When you order from Play do they take the cash straight away?
  9. doeboy

doeboy Member

Thats how they'll kill those of us who want to sell the machines. They will only allow you to pre order with games, meaning more hassle for those who just want the machines to sell. Unless you sell the package BUT. if you paid £425 for the console alone and sell it for £650 i bet you won;t make the same profit on the one with 3 games because its so expensive in the first place at £550. £700 on ebay maybe. To be honest it's a joke! they shouldn't be allowed to do it! force you to buy 3 games!
  10. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

But if it was your company, and you could, you would, wouldn't you :)
  11. disco_stu01

disco_stu01 disco_stu01

Like Eeef said, do play.com take the money straight away?