Protestors in Luton

Hate the war and the governments that brought it about but have nothing but respect for the soldiers :salute:

Soldiers don't start wars, they just die in them, blame the politicians if you want (or maybe strap a bomb to yourself and blow up a tube-train?)

they are such a minority that they shouldn't even qualify for an opinion to be made on them, in my opinion

That said, they are all a bunch of idiots, who in doing so, tarnish the whole community/religion. Just a shame that because of them, people might form opinions on the rest of Muslims who have nothing to do with any of these idiots' actions.

As said above, blame whoever started the useless war

they are such a minority that they shouldn't even qualify for an opinion to be made on them, in my opinion

That said, they are all a bunch of idiots, who in doing so, tarnish the whole community/religion. Just a shame that because of them, people might form opinions on the rest of Muslims who have nothing to do with any of these idiots' actions.

As said above, blame whoever started the useless war

:iagree: 100%. I blame that know-nothing ******** Bush and his pet Tony. Isn't Tony Blair's job now some sort of Middle East peace envoy? That's a ******* joke as well...:keule:

Can we see about reclaiming the pensions of various state-funded employees for making bad decisions? Given the whole RBS thing, I'm surprised so many MPs (who are, after all, paid for 100% by the state) are talking about being able to reclaim pensions for bad decision-making. Could be a dangerous precedent they are setting there.

A country which abuses the soldiers which return home is a country doomed

I might go and protest to the Taliban as I don't agree with what they stand for!!.. You think they'd put up with it for long?????

All these demonstrators are doing is breeding hatred into the white population of Muslims. Most Muslims want to get on with their lives in peace and now they are most likely to become targets for aggression.
I would like to have seen the Poles demonstrating like that in Germany in 1941, you can imagine the outcome.
the reason why these idealists can protest like that is because Britain has earned that right in blood, those soldiers have earned us that right.

The line that most fittingly slots into place is the one out of a few good men,

Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and curse the Marines; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

This is the most memorable scene from any film ever IMO
[ytv]8hGvQtumNAY[/ytv]

This makes you think....
memorial%2Bday%2Bmotivational%2Bposter.jpg

I hold our soldiers with the highest regard, they ought to be treated as heroes.

War is ugly, they are out there to protect our interests, even if this war were only over oil, would any of us give up our right to drive our cars in protest? I think not.
You can bet the protestors eat food and wear clothes transported by road vehicles, drive road vehicles and own products derived from oil.
If they felt that strongly maybe they ought to give those up.

At least our boys are there to fight combatants, those on the tube train and in the twin towers did not have that choice.
We didn't go there to kill innocents, thats where the difference lies

Maybe thats a bit intense, but I feel strongly about our armed forces.

me too ,each and every one should be interviewed and benefits withdrawn for the day as they obviously wernt available for work its a fekin disgrace ,great britain my **** broken britain more like:applaus:

if they dont like our country so much and what our soldiors are doing then feck off. they know where the airports are. go to any other country and protest like that and the only place it will get you is in trouble but not here.

I have strong opinions too Chris.

But for me this is not the time or place for me to discuss them. I really agree with you on the above though and it was well written!

I wont be voicing my opinons here as i'll get flamed!

G

Agree with the majority of comments already made, as ex forces myself it makes me sick to think that on retuning home all that the Anglian Reg. (see that they lost quite a few mates on Ross Kemp S1) get is a load of grief from narrow minded, blinkered and dilussioned individuals who have only made the situation worse, as always the minority of people allow the majority to tarred with the same brush.

Simple, don't like it or agree with it keep your opinions to yourself or f*ck off and go home! As previously said, they are only doing their job - and very well too without the proper kit.

Rant over.

Really raging about this, if these narrow minded idiots feel that strongly about the war in their country - what are they still doing here? Feel that strongly then go and do something about it where your support will be received with a little bit more appreciaion and while your at it try and not get killed like our boys are doing every minute of every day, the coalition forces are out there to help rebuild the country and it's infrastructure, it's not our fault if the f*ckin nut jobs want their fellow countrymen to live in a constant state of fear and dictatorship.

A quick note to the old bill and MI5, whilst the arrested are in custody please give them full cavity body searches by a meaty bloke with hands like shovels!!!!!!!

Again, rant over!

All due respect to Abdus, but you have to admit the muslim community have an uphill battle because of the extremists.

True. Islam is supposed to be a peaceful, respectful religion. These dickheads, and the media, are the reason why average joe westerner thinks all brown-skinned people with long surnames are terrorists. I refuse to go to America because they're even worse and I just know I'll get **** from some ignorant airport official, and I can't keep my gob shut, and I'll get in trouble. Sigh :huh:

The problem is that the only people who speak out in defense of Islam are the Clerics and extremists, and that jades everyones views.
Its time the passive muslims had a voice, but I think its too late and the damage is already done.

I recall once speaking with an old jewish guy who owned a fishing boat during WW2. He was boarded by the germans and his boat searched. The german comander opened the hold to find it packed with fleeing refugees. He commented to the boat captain that it was a wonderful catch and maybe he could drop off some fresh fish for his troops next time, and left the boat.
But how does everyone view the germans during the war?

Anyone see this before?
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=2668560761490749816

All due respect to Abdus, but you have to admit the muslim community have an uphill battle because of the extremists.

Yeah I do agree with that. BUT this video you posted above:

these are extremists trying to brainwash people (or idiots if you like). I have more chance going to the moon than them being able to brainwash me. I DO NOT in any way accept or believe in what they are saying/doing. They are preaching what THEY THINK is right, same as the KKK, Hitler, Tamil Tigers, IRA, ETA etc...or any other idiot. THey think what they are saying is the right way. unfortunately for them, they are wrong.

If I were to go and kill one of these idiots: police would stop me, charge me and i'll be sentenced to jail or whatever. People will tell me that I had to let the law/polic e do their job and not take it into my hands. So i just let them do their stupid things.

If I were to go and explain to these idiots that what they are doing is wrong, i might be killed because I do not follow them. Just like they would not be able to brainwash/explain to me, it will be almost impossible for me to do the same to them.

So the normal Muslims (lol...yes 'normal' ones) just get on with their daily life and just don't care what these idiots have to say. They main battle is within each family to make sure their children do not fall in the hands of these extremists and get brainwashed. As in any other religion/ community,. all starts at this point: the family.

Muslims that accept the British way of life and culture have a place in our society.
The ones that want to live the live of an Islamic Muslim and be governed by Islamic law should go and live in an Islamic country and do so. By not doing so they are creating divisions in society.

Nobody is forcing these people to stay here, they do because its easier to live here than in their own countries, and that is because people have lived and died for that right. If you don't like a place, don't stay there.

I agree with this...if you go and live in a different country you should make an effort! I've met people who've lived here 10 years and they can still barely speak a word of German - poor effort.

Same applies to Brits who go and live in spain or whatever...if you don't even try and fit in then people will resent you

Why are these people not arrested for preaching racial hatred?
A speeding motorist that is filmed can be arrested on the strength of the film, so why not these lowlives?

No religion is particularly modern, unless you count Scientology (I don't). As for tolerance, well only Buddhism is truly tolerant, but pretty much every religion is based on peace and respect, the problem with religion is it can be twisted by the few to affect the lives of many. Like what's happening now...

Why are these people not arrested for preaching racial hatred?
A speeding motorist that is filmed can be arrested on the strength of the film, so why not these lowlives?

Another very good point there. Soft-**** Bleating Politically Correct Britain is part of the answer, I think :keule:

This undercover mosque is one that was filmed to portray the general idea of Islam. However, the same team that filmed this doc could have gone to another mosque* (like 90% of others) and show the other side too where Imaams preach for the good and how we should leave peacefully. There's always 2 sides. Showing one side, esp the bad side and making an opinion isn't always going to solve the problem and will not inform people properly.

(*I haven't watched all of the doc though)

Also, that documentary also states that this is filmed showing a section of Muslims. And that section I'm pretty sure, is a very small one.

There's a thing that even some Muslims might not know/understand: the meaning of Jihaad.

Jihaad never meant war. Jihaad is the struggle. I'm taking this as an example because in the doc, in the opening, there's that guy who states that the crest/summit of Islam is Jihaad.

Yes it is. and let me also tell him that the greatest Jihaad in Islam is controlling your own anger. This is considered the greatetst Jihaad in Islam. Not doing a suicide bombing and killing innocents. Even suicide is forbidden in Islam. So where is the whole point of suicide attacks when suicide is completely forbidden. If those 'Muslims' protesting and venting their anger at the soldiers understood the meaning of Jihaad, they wouldn't be there, but actually controlling their anger, thus doing Jihaad...

How good is Christianity.....
Well with it!

[ytv]AlZpSd2lRJQ[/ytv]

Its a vicious circle, the West hate Muslims because they see the media image. Young muslims hate the west because they feel the hate of the west and the extremist clerics play on this and try to convert them to be extremists.
Mulims look to the Imaams to teach the writings of the Koran, and if they get a misinformed version then thats how the extremists get formed. (Abdus, I am looking to you for my accuracy so correct me where you can :icon_thumright:). The Koran isn't the easiest thing to read, probably like a dyslexic reading a Haynes manual wiring diagram. And as most things in life, if you can't do something you get help. And the accuracy of that assistance is down to the helper.
If the hatred is already there then its made a lot easier to install more hatred.
Like I said, vicious circle.

Mulims look to the Imaams to teach the writings of the Koran, and if they get a misinformed version then thats how the extremists get formed.

completely agree with this. when the information requested is twisted, then this is how the whole thing starts.

The Koran isn't the easiest thing to read, probably like a dyslexic reading a Haynes manual wiring diagram. And as most things in life, if you can't do something you get help. And the accuracy of that assistance is down to the helper.

TBH, the Quran is easy to read if you read it as it is. DO NOT try to understand it in ways that need not be. When trying too much to explain, what is written become opinions and when these opinions are formed and trasmitted to these people, the latter react to what they have been told. It's all a chain. If read literally, it is quite direct.

The Quran is the main part of the Shariah, however, it should be read together with the Hadiths to understand it fully.

I go to my local mosque here and afaik,there has never been any preaching (friday ones) by the Imaam saying we should kill ourselves in suicide bombings or any other ridiculous acts.

It's a shame that because of some idiots, other Muslims are also considered extremists and Islam becomes an extremist religion.

Take me for example. I go to every England match at Wembley, I wear an England shirt and wave the St George's flag each time I'm there, supporting England. Yet I'm Muslim. But is there anybody from the press that will come to me and make a documentary showing me,a Muslim, doing that? And i'm not alone, my wife (whenevr she can) will come along (wearing her England shirt) and some of my Muslims cousins. Are we the same as the dickheads shouting on the streets in Luton? Yet some people will make us the same, which is a shame.

There are always protests going on, and I dont just mean in this context, just this gets a big deal out made out of it. I dont agree with what they are doing, think with all the vid evidence they should be locked down.
Iraq and Afghanistan would be a worse place without us, alot worse. Time to pull out though now, and bring our boys home. To a hero's welcome.

I think the media are partly to blame for this feeling too. If they didn't try to keep getting a new story by showing these styles of docs., then this hatred wouldn't half be stirred up, and then there would be no reaction to respond to. There would then be no hatred against certain religions/ nations which in turn couldn't be used against their own people to raise hate in their own countrymen (and women). It's all about stories/ ratings and getting themselves (news people) the most controversial story before the other channel.

I'm not in the slightest condoning what these extremists do, but I feel that the way it is told to stir up these feelings is also partly to blame.

Sadly the Muslim threat to our way of life (infact all western societies) is all too real, and the danger posed should never be under estimated, or dismissed.

Unfortunatey 'extremists' (although of course they don't consider themselves to be), will always dominate Muslim society. And when push comes to shove, those like abdus, will either 'tow the line' or pay the price..............

It takes only 2% of any population to be able to dominate that population by force, or threat of force........ Moderate Muslims simply don't have a chance!