1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protective Film for the rear bumper

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by h5djr, Jun 4, 2007.

1. h5djr

h5djr Active Member

I have just purchased the Audi Protective Film for the rear bumper of my Sportback. (8P5 061 197)

Has anyone applied one of these?

Any tips or points to watch out for, or am I best getting the dealer to fit it?
  2. marms

marms Member

Use a mild solution of soapy water on the paintwork first. This allows the protector to be placed on the bumper and moved around a little for alignment. Once everything is straight then use a squeegee to remove all traces of the water/soap and it will stick permanently.
  3. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

I once fitted some window tints (not my car!) using the soapy water/squeegee method. It worked quite well, but a curved bumper might be a bit more tricky....
  4. marms

marms Member

No, believe me it works fine.
  5. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

I fitted some of this stuff to the rear bumper on Claires B-Class to save it from the pram being dragged over it all the time.

Not to big a job if you allow plenty of time and follow the above advice. The hardest part on the Merc was cutting out holes for the I can't park sensors... :)

J.
  6. steve184

steve184 Active Member

you mean 'girly' sensors? ;-)
  7. h5djr

h5djr Active Member

Not a problem with the A3 because the film does not go down the face of the bumper where the sensors are located.

I bet the chap I saw the other day reverse his nice new A3 S-Line into a low concrete bollard in a car park wished he had had them fitted.