Prosport rolling road results...Tim,your a...

Sorry maybe i was totally on the wrong track but it didnt say what type of rollers were used and the power figures seemed way to low, so i assumed. :unsure:

I would pay Vagcheck a visit as Morgan and Wak are top guys for finding the causes of lost power. Even forward them the graph and they might be able to help over email. Between them and Dean @ 4Rings they can sort anything:superman:

Leon

Bob ive not been able to scan my graph across as havent got a scanner any more and havent checked my car with a full version of VAG, thinking it might be worth a trip to JBS as i live 10 minutes away.... just need to find the time, think they said they charge £50 per hour - dunno how long they'll need it though

my graph is definately choppier than that though..... also Leon i read somewhere that it depends on what type of 4wd rollers are used, apparently free rollers with no resistance are the way to go with the haldex unit

Hey Bob,

Looks like we can both do each other a favour at the same time then! Sorry I've not been in contact about meeting up but I've recently split up with my gf and moved back to my parents (Hythe) so everything has been a bit up in the air.

I've got VAG-Com so if you can find out from CC what logs they need to see, we can scan your car for errors and pull together some logs for them to look at. I'm free Thursday after work if you're around? The roads around Hedge End aren't exactly the best for logging results tho as you need to do some high speed runs from around 30 to 80mph. Things are much quiter over my way so if you fancied popping over one evening then we could sort you out, and I could finally have a ride in your car!

Andy

Sorry to hear about the GF situation mate its gutting when crap like that happens.

Cool so yeah if we can meet up we can do many things done at once first off we can go for a spin in my car n get it Vag'd like you say. Not sure if i can do thursday as i have an appointment to get my back looked at (i sneezed badly n threw my back out). So once i am feeling a bit less crippled we can sort it out. Plus we can do they same on your car and give both sets of results to CC

i will ask CC what logs they need etc.

Bob ive not been able to scan my graph across as havent got a scanner any more and havent checked my car with a full version of VAG, thinking it might be worth a trip to JBS as i live 10 minutes away.... just need to find the time, think they said they charge £50 per hour - dunno how long they'll need it though

my graph is definately choppier than that though..... also Leon i read somewhere that it depends on what type of 4wd rollers are used, apparently free rollers with no resistance are the way to go with the haldex unit

The rollers looked pretty new not sure of the brand but they were proper 4wd ones. All the 8P S3's seemed to get the sort of figures they were loooking for and i think their haldex works in the same way as the 8L version.

Will meet up with Andy and get some logs done on VAG-Com and then get the info off to CC and maybe they can point us all in the right direction.

yup Jay made a suggestion that i photograph my graph and post the pic....will do when i get chance before the weekend

Sorry to hear about the GF situation mate its gutting when crap like that happens.

Cool so yeah if we can meet up we can do many things done at once first off we can go for a spin in my car n get it Vag'd like you say. Not sure if i can do thursday as i have an appointment to get my back looked at (i sneezed badly n threw my back out). So once i am feeling a bit less crippled we can sort it out. Plus we can do they same on your car and give both sets of results to CC

i will ask CC what logs they need etc.

It was my decision to leave the gf so although it was tough, it's for the best. The worst bit about it is being back home and having no privacy!

Sorry to hear about your back..they can be a real pain in the **** like that! What a wierd way to put it out tho! My family have a history of back probs so know how it feels!

Just let me know when you're feeling better and we can sort something out. I'm just about to PM you my mobile number.

Andy

answer to your question vrbob,your car is losing boost drastically over 5000rpm also running far too rich over 5000rpm.To see whether this is a mechanical problem or a remap issue,record your requested/actual boost level and afr level with vag-com.

answer to your question vrbob,your car is losing boost drastically over 5000rpm also running far too rich over 5000rpm.To see whether this is a mechanical problem or a remap issue,record your requested/actual boost level and afr level with vag-com.

Thanks for the info will get it VAG-Com'd as soon as i can.

I see yours is a apy so not closed loop lambada ,not sure if it shows requested just actual afr.
Your looking for close to 0.8 ideally above 5000rpm to redline.

You seem to know alot more about my car the than i do!!

Just got the info off the dyno graph.I use to own a apy s3 a few years back.Hope you get it sorted.