1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pros and Cons of an Allroad?

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by stratos, Nov 25, 2005.

1. stratos

stratos Member

[Nov 25, 2005]
    I was looking into an A3 Sportback Quattro but was swayed towards an Allroad when I saw the Ltd Edition final version with Sat Nav etc.
    Has anyone who has or had an Allroad got any advice. I am wanting quattro and a bit of space and would appreciate any + or - points of Allroad ownership. Mpg, servicing, faults etc
    Thanks in advance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. sta32200

sta32200 New Member

[Nov 30, 2005]
    allroad, well.
    to give an accurate reply.
    I owned A4 1.9 tdi's since 95, they are great. So last year i thought i would but an A6 allroad 2.5 tdi standard car on a 52 plate.
    So since then my fuel bills have doubled, tyres cost 112 quid each and only last 6 months instead of 14 months approx. had a new turbo fitted, various electrical faults cv joints and boots.
    Also, watch the wheel alignment, if it is off you will eat the tyres, but the test is 200 quid from audi.
    Good points are that it drives like a dream, holds the road and gives plenty of space. it also tows very well.

cheers