Propshaft compatibilty?

Jonion

Reaction score
So is there any facts as to what other propshafts fit other models?
Specifically I'm looking at a 2.8 30v Quattro Avant but having trouble finding the exact one but can find others that may or may not fit.
This is the question... do the manual/auto share the same propshaft despite the part number ending in H=auto & G=manual ?

Or do other models share the same prop despite different part numbers?
Cheers.

There are three props listed:

- 5-Speed Manual
- Auto
- 6-Speed Manual

Engine choice doesnt come into it, nor does body style.

If its a quattro B5 and has a 5 speed manual box, its prop will fit your car.

Cheers aragorn but the main questions were these...
do the manual/auto share the same propshaft despite the part number ending in H=auto & G=manual ?

Or do other models share the same prop despite different part numbers?
Mine is an auto, I can ge tam anual prop easily enough but if it's different then there's no point.
Or even ones from a B6 A/S/RS4 but it seems no-one knows if these are inter-changeable.

I think what Aragron is saying is that ALL B5 auto props are the same, regardless of engine codes. So if you get one from a (for example) 1.8 non turbo auto, it will fit.

That right?

yep, there are three different props

Auto box is a different length to the 5 speed, and the 6 speed is different again, so if your car is an Auto, you need a prop from an auto. It can be any Auto from 1995 to 2001, with any engine, but it has to be an Auto.

B6 stuff is unlikely to fit, the diff is completely different, so again the lengths will all change.

What exactly is wrong with the prop? You may be able to strip it down and replace the UJ's etc?

OK cheers.
So the manual prop I can get is of no use.
Balls.

Not sure what's wrong with it yet.
Was hoping to get one ready to do a straight swap over as time on the ramp is extremely limited and can't have it left there while sorting out the prop.