Prometheus

i thought it was good. admittedly not as amazing or as original as portayed, but still a good film with interesting theorys/plot.

i thought micheal fassbender was simply awesome, one hell of an actor, i mean x-men and inglorious he was great and he's great again in this.

i like the way the film leaves you speculating about a prequel, but at the same time, i really wish they had answered more in the film, long film, not enough answers. but i suppose with a potential prequel it will be great to watch back to back.

Yep Nigel its definitely Alien related. It explains the Alien Pilot "Space Jockey" they find in the first Alien film and you are correct that ship is in this film. So if you're into your Aliens films then i recommend you definitely watch this one.

Incorrect, the ship found in prometheus is not the same ship found by the nostromo in Alien.

It is the same design, but another ship is found by the nostromo on LV426 30 years later, the prometheus is on LV223, it is a different Moon.

LV223 is where the 'Engineers' have stored all this ooze, it is a biological weapon and thats why they keep it away from their homeworld, LV426 is just another descolate moon, which is soon to be colonized by the weyland corporation

The theory is that after the events of prometheus, an Alien ship or 'Engineer' ship returned to see what had happened, the planet was now overrun with Xenomorphs and they were somehow infected.

The pilot managed to get airbourne but was infected and impregnated, and this ship then crashed on LV426.

This is the reason the 'space Jockey' in Alien has a Hole in his chest/space suit, as the alien burst out of him when piloting the ship.

Prometheus and Alien are not directly linked, but a sequel could easily fill the gap.