project tidy up

olds_kool

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
thought id start a project thread for my 'fixer upper'
being unemployed at the moment it gets me off the couch and away from daytime telly

bought for £365 its a 1.8t in a pretty neglected state

BR6M3QB2kKGrHgoH-C4EjlLl0-E2BJ70yrF.jpg
BR7Qrg2kKGrHgoH-CwEjlLluz7qBJ702S0j.jpg

looked ok in the ebay photo but quickly found problems, seat covers fitted were hiding the mankiest seats ive ever seen

aa57_1.jpg
06052009438.jpg
06052009437.jpg

cleaned up ok, had to strip rear bench to get covers in washing machine
and then i fitted a clean dark grey carpet

28062009507.jpg

carpet came from a full interior i bought from a 1.8tqs, needed boot trim for my own saloon and some other bits (inc. bose amp,speakers + harness) by the time ive sold the bits i dont need i shouldve got what i needed for free maybe even made a tiny profit

next was the wooden trim replaced with some painted trim out of my avant, had so solder some new brushes onto heater motor while trim was out as heater didnt work at all
also replaced gearknob, ashtray, cig lighter, centre console panel and rear ashtray with parts i found in local scrappy along with a complete dash / door trim set and a second rear ashtray all for a tenner

28062009506.jpg

next was the sound system :ohmy:
6x9 in custom mounts? did come with a cd player though!

06052009436.jpg

had a spare shelf from car i was breaking and had spare speakers after retrofitting bose into my saloon and also had to add a harness adaptor for cd player

28062009509.jpg

next was the boot

06052009433.jpg

tidy eh? wasnt worth even trying to clean so i fitted the complete trim from my breaker

28062009511.jpg

i then removed the decals from side and rear glass and added some facelift gloss b post trims i had kicking about, looks good with the tints
before
28062009508.jpg
after
28062009510.jpg

then i had to spend some money
wheels were badly curbed with barely legal tyres

28062009514-1.jpg

managed to find a set of b6 turbo 5 spokes with decent tread on ebay £69 + a 20 mile trip to pick them up

wing was badly dented but managed to find one the right colour in local scrappy £25 and i might be going back to haggle over rear bumper as it was in better nick

28062009512.jpg

thats it for now, next is the engine bay and mechanical stuff

very good...look forward to the rest of the build.

you been working hard and it pays off well, looking forward to seeing it progress

Nice work Kev, i like it. I hope she turns you a profit later on, or you going to drive her when you sell me the TQS? LOL

love the post on the car, sad as it may sound but the post is actally quite inspiring ha. As regards to the coment about how people let their cars get in such a state, try living with my wife mate. She can take things into the car but has no concept of taking anything out, except for new clothes shes bought, as to her its "just a car". She has no idea lol.

Nice work Kev, i like it. I hope she turns you a profit later on, or you going to drive her when you sell me the TQS? LOL

keeping the quattro, mrs wanted to keep this as its a 'nicer' colour ???
test drove a fiat coupe turbo as i woke up one morning thinking i wanted a quick sports car, from the moment i closed the fiat door i thought no, ive been spoilt by audi build quality!
was quick but couldnt justify a swapping a car thats been trouble free for a car that gave the impression id be soon repairing many things!

love the post on the car, sad as it may sound but the post is actally quite inspiring ha. As regards to the coment about how people let their cars get in such a state, try living with my wife mate. She can take things into the car but has no concept of taking anything out, except for new clothes shes bought, as to her its "just a car". She has no idea lol.

must admit mines the same, normally have to clear several empty fag packs an 3-4 half empty bottles of water a week

i need a dark carpet :(

and a black centre console trim.

normally plenty of a4's in car transplants, nantwich, not to far from you
if you fit one cut carpet where it fits behind centre console, you cant tell when fitted and it saves a lot of dissmantling

was thinking that as it wraps around,
i have new door cards, just missing centre bit in back, the carpet and the boot hatch trim.