Project B5 RS4 Sedan...

I've seen a widebodied S4 in black and it looked fantatsic. He had gone the whole hog with a lot of RS4 engine parts, RS4 dials, steering wheel, gear knob, etc. He'd also added some carbon trim on the car, which did look good.

I agree with Siena though, it was just too subtle in black.

I love the fact my S4 is stealthy, but if I was going to fork out that much money on what is effectively a cosmetic change, i'd want people to notice!

Got the picture of the black one too, very "Audi".

The colour I've chosen is not available on any current Audi.

Well, I went down to the bodyshop, and was pleasantly surprised.

All the hard work - the removal of the original slim-hipped rear end has been done, and the more muscular RS4 items welded in place, and all filling has been done.

Jeff, the surgeon, was still prepping the doors, he's smothed the imperfections in the modified bootlid, and fitted it.

Front wings are in place, Jeff reckons the whole car'll be in primer sometime next week.

And Gary says she should be painted next weekend too, so looking good.

After some thought, I've decided to go for the "black roof", like Docurley's car (the silver RS4-bodied 1.8TQS). A slight difference though, I'm not going for standard gloss black, rather a mica-based black pearlescent.

12012008122.jpg

12012008121.jpg

12012008120.jpg

12012008118.jpg

12012008117.jpg

12012008116.jpg

Soupie69uk said:
Looking really good!!

When is your next visit?

Probably sometime the week after next, or Saturday.

Got a busy schedule this week.

Oops sorry posted mid picture posting.

Well looks like they are doing a great job. Makes me get thoughts about doing this to my car in the future.

The big arches really do make the car look awesome.

Will also be good to see how your modified bootlid looks when the rest of the car is all done.

Cheers.

Very nice mate the work looks spot on as well looks like thay are doing a nice job :)

Hats off to ya Siena, you got some guts doing a project on the scale you've done! Good luck with it, looking forward to seeing more progress and final completed car!!

Cheers for the comments guys.

I'm looking forward to getting her back.

Nice to see it going well Siena, and guys the work will be spot on as they are the same people that did my car so Quality of work will not be the issue.

Called Chappel Coachworks, they're based in West Kingsdown, Kent, about a mile from Brands Hatch.

Gary's the man with the spray gun, and Jeff's the surgeon, wielding the scalpel and welding stuff.

01474 855503.

Holy cow!!!!

A full-on mortgage jobbie lol

Mind-blowing project/detail/research here.

MOOOOOORRRRRREEEEE PICTUUUUUUUURESSSSSS..............................

At long last, car's almost completed.

Should be ready next week, and I can't wait to get behind the wheel again!

Public transport sucks, especially during winter!

STOP. TEASING. US! hahahaha
Ive been away for a while, and was expecting to see this badboy all ready by now.
Public transport does suck, but then so does driving your baby in the ****** British winter.
Eagerly awaiting the finished article, probs not as much as you though!

Just spotted this. Amazing work going on here. I can't wait to see the finished car.

Pictures! She's painted at last. Windows are being tinted tomorrow.

Paint is the same as on my infamous Audi Coupe quattro - Audi Inca Orange Pearl. It's mica-based. Like Docurley's car, I went for a black roof option. But to match the mica-based orange pearl, I chose a mica-based black pearl. It was also used for the uprights on the B-pillar, and the black lip on the rear bumper...

24012008145.jpg

24012008144.jpg

Paint looks lighter than in my old Coupe quattro, but honestly, it's the same. Needs to be photographed in natural light.

wow nice colour!

I would have never guessed that.

Does the black section on the S4 rears need painted or did you just get it done to match?

I like the bootlid but its a shame it does not match up with the top of the lights.

May not be as noticable with a plate etc on.

You going to put badges on or remain shaved?

Sorry for all the questions but the wheels going to remain the standard BBS silver or have you something planned for those too?

Fantastic!

I really like the colour choice! ...Agree with RJ, it's unusual but it works very well. It's probably made better by the fact it's unusual!

Great work!

Regards,

Rob.

Soupie69uk said:
wow nice colour!

I would have never guessed that.

Does the black section on the S4 rears need painted or did you just get it done to match?

I like the bootlid but its a shame it does not match up with the top of the lights.

May not be as noticable with a plate etc on.

You going to put badges on or remain shaved?

Sorry for all the questions but the wheels going to remain the standard BBS silver or have you something planned for those too?[/quote]

Not sure what you mean, S4 rears?? Do you mean the bumper lip?

I'm putting the Audi rings on, got a new one. Plus another badge, but not A4, RS4 or S4 either.

Wheels are staying silver, not keen on the "dark" look.

Siena said:
Not sure what you mean, S4 rears?? Do you mean the bumper lip?

I'm putting the Audi rings on, got a new one. Plus another badge, but not A4, RS4 or S4 either.

Wheels are staying silver, not keen on the "dark" look.

Yeah sorry meant the rear bumper. Like the black lower part.

@ Soupie: The 2000-spec S4 rear bumper has the lip in black, but to be sure it wouldn't ever need silicone spray, I had it painted to match the roof - black pearl.

Cool. Let me know when you're ready to start. If you're doing the conversion in 2 years, you'd be wise to start stockpiling parts now.

Siena said:
Cool. Let me know when you're ready to start. If you're doing the conversion in 2 years, you'd be wise to start stockpiling parts now.

Yeah I will probably start in june when I finish uni.

I will probably contact you for a parts list if that is ok.

Soupie69uk said:
Yeah I will probably start in june when I finish uni.

I will probably contact you for a parts list if that is ok.

Sure, that's not a problem.