project A3,,,,DUB low life!!

262625_170887809642336_154830251248092_442045_2218063_n.jpg

:wub:

it is a truly gorgeous car - 1 of my favourite A3s. However, i do prefer the old wheels sorry!!

Gotta admit I prefer the old ones, the chunky 5s in luke's sig pic. And that B7 needs to get his recess sorted!

Thanks for the comments guys, end of the day it's personal taste with wheels, I liked te s6s but they never wowed me plus they were to wide on the front for the stance I want with air. I'm in love with the new wheels and when I get te chasis notched in a few weeks I'll be able to get the front end right down and nail the stance. I'll do an update with pics when I get home tonight for u all :)

Looked wicked Luke good to see you and Nath :) Cant wait to get mine done now ;)

lookin very good Luke... tbh im gonna change it up and say i preffered the Speedline/BBS's more than both, but these still look sweet :applaus:

sounds choice of wheel there, in the early edition thread in the fastcar mag the speedlines are voted 6th and them 2nd, when you nail the front its going to be sick!

How much camber you running?

Yeah, the black A/S4 with the standard plate recess but a US plate. Was maybe a bit off topic, just caught my eye in the pic.

The wheels have actually grown on me in a day. Still prefered the S6s (are they now for sale then?), but seeing a couple more angles seems to have lifted my opinion of those Alphards, look better than they do on a Mk5 anyway.

Cars were looking class, Got photos of both yours will upload shortly. Nath nice to meet you mate

On the hard sell bai!

alphards look sick. First A3 i've seen really pull them off
cheers bro once notch is done it will be seriously sick, will be able to run it mega low too
sounds choice of wheel there, in the early edition thread in the fastcar mag the speedlines are voted 6th and them 2nd, when you nail the front its going to be sick!

How much camber you running?
cheers timmy!
These are the best wheels youve had on yet IMO

im actually in love with these wheels, deffo agree with ur comment scott

okay so now everyone knows that ive been very busy this week with installing the air ride, which i did all myself on 3 nights after work and also the new wheels :wub:

all in all the air took me around 13 hours of graft to fit, came across some tricky bits but got there in the end and everything worked first time with no issues what so ever!!!

so the morning after a very late night in the garage i had this sat on my drive;
a3639444.jpg

i actually though damn it looks pretty sick just on rs6s!!!!!

then came the wheels, n8 was getting my tyres fitted and to say we had trouble at first would be a understatement, in the end i had the front tyres done at one place and the rears done at another as stretching a 215/35/18 tyre on a 9.5j rim is not for the faint hearted!!!

so i slapped them on and to say the least i fell in love :wub:
92a2eb49.jpg

i spent the saturday before DC11 at n8s unit detailing both cars ready to set off for the show and this is about ride hight but i will be getting a chasis notch in a few weeks at plush so ill be able to run even lower and also get the front wheels tucked right up the arches when i lay frame;
d74e2d83.jpg

luckily i managed to get the car in to sheldons to get the camber and rear tracking sorted, went with -1.5 of camber and it tucks beautifully;
73f61cb3.jpg

the following day after a night in a rather odd place with nath, carl and the girls we rocked up to DC and the car got plenty of love :)
a7cbc521.jpg

70b98fd6.jpg

no point in putting loads of show pics up as theres plenty already!!

cheers for looking guys and also cheers to luke massy from plush automotive who hooked me up with the kit, no complaints with plush's service at all and luke has been so helpful so cheers bro!!!

Last edited: