1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project 1.9tdi AHU power upgrade

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by K7ERG, Apr 1, 2011.

1. K7ERG

K7ERG Member

[Apr 1, 2011]
    Let the new project begin.

Looking at doubling it 90bhp at least.

Looking at different turbos GT1749, BV43 etc
    0.216 diesel nozzles/injectors
    URS6 standard intercooler with increased pipework.
    2.5" downpipe/system with No cat (if possible) depending on MOT.........
    Remap of some sort.

Anything else anyone can suggest then i am open to suggestions

Thanks in advance
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Apr 1, 2011]
    From what i've read on other users with 90hp engines, you really want to replace the ECU and wiring harness with one from a 110hp engine, as thats capable of running a VGT turbo, whereas the 90hp turbo is wastegated.

Probably talking 11 or 12mm pump
    Big injectors
    BV43 turbo
    Big intercooler
  4. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

[Apr 2, 2011]
    11 mm pump from AHH audi a4 1.9 tdi, bv43, bosio race 520 and AFN ECU will get you to 180 Bhp. Spend a few hundreds notes on a quality clutch and you'll be smilling... I will suggest ported head, 11mm pump with 12mm head, lift pump, Titan nozzles, large turbo and pd 130 head bolts should get you nicely over 180Bhp...
  5. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Apr 2, 2011]
    Wasnt there a downside to going to the 12mm pump?
  6. OldRedEyes

OldRedEyes Member

[Apr 2, 2011]
    Watching this thread with much interest, i used to work with a french lad who had a golf diesel which would eat VR6's for breakfast, and that started life with a lowly 75 bhp!!
  7. adamss24

[Apr 3, 2011]
    The 12mm heads are ussualy off low revving diesel engines but they rev fine over 3.5k. Its only when running them to the redline that they are suffering. A 11mm pump gives a 20% power increase across the rev range. Large pump heads don't like small nozzles and they need a little 2 stroke oil to keep them lubricated. I have ported a AHH head (fitted vitton seals, twin springs setup, titanium retainers, lapped the valves in) and i will mate-it to a worked engine block. I have a set of rosten rods and pd 2.0 pistons but i think they are overkill for what the engine can do. I also have a GTB2260vk turbo, a mapped ECU with socketed chips (still in 2 minds if to use this as the AHH a4 i have does have a flashable ECU so really need to find a decent remapper for a "custom" tune). Need a good clutch (will go for s2 240mm clutch and solid flywheel from AHU engine) and waiting for Ryan S of tdi forum to build a custom manifold to fit the turbo on longitudinal engines (he's allready built one for transverse engines- work of art though !). The stock airbox wont fit anymore so CAI will be needed. All this nice lot (AHH has stock 11mm pump) + Bosio race 520 will go into my a4 tdi quattro sport wich curently has a worked v6 tdi engine ! I have been looking to build a 1.9 tdi quattro sport for quite a while and even bought a really tidy 98 avant 2 months ago but i could not put up with just 110 Bhp and poxy 5 speed gearbox ! I know that you should not build a car you can buy but there are no 6 speed 1.9 tdi that i know of ! The v6 tdi quattro sport has strong Getrag 6 speed gearbox with larger axles, the suspension is fully sorted, just had a full respray and i have the show to match the go ! Will start a build thread soon... I have a full donor 1.9 tdi car wich will supply all the parts as most front end bits need replacing: subframe, engine wiring loom, fuel pipes,front lock carrier,etc. I will need to fabricate a downpipe from scratch...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. adamss24

[Apr 3, 2011]
    GTB2260VK turbo and Eibach springs for 1.9 tdi (50 quid of ebay brand new full kit to fit passat 4 motion 1.9 tdi) i only needed the fronts as the rears are allready Eibach. Still in 2 minds as to wich turbo to fit, i might as well keep the gtb 2260 for the allroad and use the VNT20 off the allroad and buy a manifold off ebay designed for 8v VAG diesels- its quite pricey though but i think the gtb is overkill for the AFN 110 Bhp engine...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. K7ERG

K7ERG Member

[Apr 9, 2011]
    Trip to the local scrappys to find a afn 1.9 tdi for some parts.